“Great Food Selection and Reasonable Prices” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Clifton, New Jersey
“Great Food Selection and Reasonable Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is a great place to go with your significant other, friends, children, or grandchildren. Everyone can find something they like on the menu, most menu items are very good, and the prices are right. The service is usually very good. They don't make you wait too long, and they don't rush you. I definitely recommend the Tick Tock Diner for an enjoyable meal.

Visited August 2013

55% Recommend
NJ
“Quiet evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Went there on a Monday evening and was surprised how quiet it was. The menu looks like it was recently re-done. Prices were good for the amount of food. Server was very attentive.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Triple D Disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

In the area on business I asked a local on where to go. I love to check out the places from the Triple D shows. Those of us who are foodies and fans of Guy know what I'm talking about. I pulled into the parking lot and a slow smile spread across my face. The diner is shiny with chrome exterior walls with colorful neon lights lighting up the dark, cool night and I couldn't wait to go in.

I walked into the past with the typical diner features but very clean looking. My main critique was the service. I walk in smiling (toothy grin) but wasn't greeted with a true smile by the host. I understand it's after 8 pm but all diners I've been to the staff is usually friendly with smiles. Slow night, I was then seated at a booth where I waited at least 5 minutes before a female waitress came up to greet me and asked what I wanted to drink. No eye contact, no smile. My smile had faded by this time. I gave her my drink order and a different server came back with my drink. I felt he was going to dart off if I hadn't immediately said I was ready to place my order.

The menu was the typical plastic encased, tri-fold menu with standard diner fare but it also included a pretty large assortment of spirits I'm not used to seeing in a diner. I finally picked the lamb chops with mint jelly, which were cooked almost perfect but without much flavor. But getting back to the service, the waiter only came by once to check on me during my 45 minute dinner. I had to wait a good 10 minutes to get my check AFTER I asked for it when clearly they could see I was done after they took away my dishes.

I finally went to the bar to pay my bill. While there I could tell that two of ladies standing behind the bar likely owned the diner but they didn't say a word to me, like thank you, come back again, etc. All in all, the experience could have been better had they chose to be friendlier and inviting. Don't think I will be back, nor will I recommend this diner to my friends. Can you spell disappointed?!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Parsippany, New Jersey
“Classic Joisey Diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

When I have out of state visitors, this is THE place to take them for the true diner experience on a Friday night at 11:30. The food servers call you "Hon", the place is packed with "after the AA meeting" or "before hitting the clubs" groups, food is passable but you can get ANYTHING.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Long Island,NY
“Really good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Its a small little diner that has good food. The people are nice and it is a very relaxed atmosphere. It was clean and not that expensive for a quick breakfast/brunch.

• Visited August 2013