“I drove 30 miles to eat here and it was well worth it!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Stockholm, NJ
“I drove 30 miles to eat here and it was well worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Sergio’s is truly one of the best restaurants in NJ. Here is a summary of my experience:

Reservations – I called on a Monday, they were closed. I left a voice mail. Sergio called me back the next morning and confirmed the reservation that I requested.

Parking – There is on the street parking in a safe neighborhood. Not a problem.

First impression – It is a small dimly lit and nicely decorated restaurant, perfect for a special occasion/date. The staff greeted us with a smile and seated us immediately. They provided us with wine glasses and opened our wine. Spicy olives and warm bread were provided.

BYOB – If you forgot to bring your own adult beverage, there is a liquor store 1 block away. I went there for a 2nd bottle of wine. They have a decent selection and fair prices.

Service – The wait staff is excellent. They gave us menus immediately and told us to take our time. They were friendly and professional, truly service with a smile. They never hesitated when asked for their recommendations. Their timing was impeccable. Sergio stopped by a few times to make sure that our needs were being met.

Specials - The specials are verbally given to you by your waiter. The variety and amount of the specials makes you wonder why they even have a menu. There had to be 10 special appetizers alone. All the specials were interesting and unique.

Food – Everything that we ate was excellent. Let me repeat that, EVERYTHING THAT WE ATE WAS EXCELLENT! Appetizers – filet mignon tacos (special), Portobello mushrooms stuffed with crabmeat and a special eggplant rollatini. Main course – Rack of lamb stuffed with goat cheese (special), stuffed pork loin with risotto (special), Pollo Sorrentino and lasagna (made with fresh pasta). The portion sizes are more than adequate. The 3 ladies in our group all took home about half of their main course.

Dessert – Tiramisu and 3 varieties of cheesecake. The special Mascarpone Cheesecake with maple syrup was truly amazing.

Payment – They accept major credit cards.

Price/value – The final bill for 5 people that all had appetizers, a main course, dessert, coffee, espresso and tea was $200 plus tip. This is truly an excellent value when you consider the quality of the food and service.

Exit – Sergio again made sure that we were satisfied with our dining experience and wished us a safe journey home.

The bottom line is that this is an exceptional dining experience.

Passaic, New Jersey
“Fantastic!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been there many times and have never been disappointed. The food, admostphere and service is outstanding. You must try the potato donut if it is on the menu. It was totally sumptuious. The pumpkin appetizer, can't say enough about it it was sooooo good. Can't wait to go back.

New Jersey
“Felt Like Being Invited to Someone's Home for Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Sergio is fabulous as he greets his guests at the door! And that is what you feel like....a guest in his home. The decor is warm and very European with many religious paintings and lots of cherubs on the walls ...very sweet. The lighting is warm but the fixtures beautiful.

And the food.....OMG Possibly the best ever! So many specials that are not even on the menu. Seafood with huge lobster tails and an amazing stuffed artichoke appetizer. It is a BYO restaurant which keeps from running a huge bar bill. We brought various wines, red, white. We did have to wait a few minutes for our table since a large party was finishing up, but not a problem since Sergio brought us some wine glasses and opened our wine while we waited.

I can't wait to go back!!

Clifton, New Jersey
“Who knew!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

After living in Clifton my whole life I am disappointed I have never heard of or been her before! This Italian restaurant is by far the best in town. It is cozy and comfortable. The food is amazing. Stuffed artichokes appetizer and mussels are aweso
E. for dinner penne with vodka best I've ever had! And by far best tiramisu I e ever had, also homemade. Highly recommended

Wayne NJ
“Excellent Clifton BYO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Amazing specials, tried the Mako Shark entree excellent. Menu items are also excellent. Appetizers are always good. Great service. Going back soon!

• Visited December 2012