“Great food and reasonable pricing” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 176 Restaurants in Clifton
Cuisines: Greek
Garfield, New Jersey, United States
“Great food and reasonable pricing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have been here three times and the only complaint I have is the parking... but parking at The Promenade Shops in Clifton is always a bear. The food is great (partial to the Grilled Feta appetizer), pricing is very reasonable and the service is good.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Succasunna, New Jersey
“Greek Food - THE BEST EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went to the "It's Greek to Me" restaurant in Clifton. The food is amazing. We got the combination dip platter and believe you and me, that would have been enough for 2 people alone. We also ordered the Mixed Grill, OMG, absolutely HUGE. Let me tell you, I won't have to cook dinner for the next 2 nights, that's how much there was. It was cooked to perfection, not greasy at all and full of flavor. Highly recommended to anyone who loves Greek food. Oh and the waiters were fantastic too.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
central jersey
“Great food for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is part of a franchaise, but the restaurant in Clifton, NJ is the best of all of them. Great food for the price. I saw another review that complained about the small glasses of soda with ice, and while this is true, the location in Clifton is a BYOB location, and they do not charge uncorking fees! The fried zucchini, feta anc spinach pizza and grilled lamb chops are the best on the menu. I go here about twice a month; oh, by the way, a large greek salad runs for $12.95 which is large enough to feed 4 people; not too shabby!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Good food, nice delivery lady”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I have gotten take out a few times. Loved the Pizzas and the hummus and dolmades. The gyros are also good. Nice places for a quick bite. OH and when we had food delivered, it was the middle of winter and cold and the delivery lady was really nice and sweet. Gave her a good tip!

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“If you're not a regular, you're nobody.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I went here with a friend Friday night. The sign said "please wait to be seated" so we waited in the entrance way. The hostess and the waiters were talking and fooling around by the soda machine. We still were waiting to be seated. Another couple came in and a man in plain clothes got up from his table in the back and seated the couple personally. The hostess sat us shortly after. I don't know if the waiters do the whole restaurant or just a section, but 3 different waiters came to our table 3 different times for our orders. Odd. My sprite tasted like old soda and left a weird aftertaste. I told waiter 2, but nothing happened- no replacement, no apology- just a nod. We looked over the menu and it seemed to be rather pricey. This was our first time so we were unsure of what to order. When waiter 1 came by to take our order, he quickly left to answer questions for the regular couple in the corner. Ok, so waiter 3 came by and got our order- 2 gyros, easy right? We ordered at 6:05pm, and got our food at 6:48pm. That's way too long for something so simple. During our wait time, we say there listening to the waitstaff talk about how wasted they got over thanksgiving and such. We also saw them joke around with some guy named Jason, and they let 1 waiter do all tables by himself as the 3 of them hung out. Another regular came in and they quickly sat the family. We even got to watch and listen as a young attractive woman came to pick up her order and the waiters and the man in his plain clothes hit on her. She was visibly uncomfortable and in a hurry. She kept trying to leave, but they'd make comments like "can you handle the tray? You are so little, you need a man to help you or you may fall down the stairs." The man in plain clothes "playfully" said "If you want I'll go home with you and help." She declined stating her dad was more than capable of helping her out. This exchange made us uneasy. Even another table near by was commenting like "give it up, dude, she's too young for you." Our food came and it was less than tasty. My gyro was filled with meat like beef jerky- tough to swallow and dry. I had overly charred pieces! It would have been great if I had a drink to help the shoe leather down! My guest had a pork filled pita and that too was dry. It was so disappointing since a friend gave it such a rave review. It's a "never again" for me. If I wanted to eat beef jerky in a pita, I'd make it and it'd be less than $7.50 for sure. And for bad service, I can just stay home.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere