“Good Romantic Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Bordentown, New Jersey
“Good Romantic Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Went here as a couple for dinner one night.I thought the place would have been more casual and was pleasantly surprised to see how nice it was inside. Ambient lighting, upscale looking decor. It didn't have that Diner feel like its sister Hathaways, and yet the prices were very fair. I ordered a salad with shrimp and my SO ordered wings which he said were very good. My salad was fresh and delicious. My shrimp were cooked perfectly.

I felt it funny that someone reviewed the same shrimp salad below me so I couldn't help but comment on this. I agree that management handled the complaint poorly, and could have offered a substitute, reorder, or greater discount. Like I said though, my food was delicious. Maybe they just got a bad batch of shrimp. Or maybe Sweet Water just got a bad batch of customers.

Either way. We'll be back. Thanks.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Do u like raw, unclean shrimp?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Place was clean, little too cold with the AC. Ordered salad with grilled shrimp. Shrimp was previously frozen. Not deveined, not grilled or even cooked. When brought to managers attention he said " baby shrimp are very hard to clean properly". What ? Not the right answer, He had no answer for the rawness. He gave me 4.95 off my bill. Really?? Thanks buddy!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Flanders, New Jersey, United States
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Food, atmosphere, and staff were very good. I intend to go there over and over again.
Somewhat of a sports Bar feel. Went there with my son.

Cambridge
“Dinner with daughter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

My first visit her but a regular haunt for my daughter and son in law.Made to feel welcome and service was great. It's a step up from Jersey diner food. Huge portions on the crab cakes and chicken parm
We lingered long after catching up and appreciated not being rushed. Looking forward to a return visit

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cinnaminson, New Jersey
“Great Service - Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stopped in for lunch and was greeted by a very friendly staff. Since it wasn't crowded, we were seated in a booth by a large window and it was very bright and cheery.

The food was average. I ordered the special chicken sandwich which, I learned from the check, was supposed to come with a glass of beer included. Since this was not explained to me, I ordered a soda for which I was charged and I never got the beer. Minor point, but I would expect that they would have included the soda instead of the beer.

The sandwich was just okay. Same with the food for the others who joined me.

All-in-all, not a great experience, but worth another try.

• Visited May 2014