“Arrogance on the Menu” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
North Wildwood NJ
“Arrogance on the Menu”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

My visit to this diner was very non-descript. The food was typical diner food, which I have experienced and is available at most other similar diners located along Route 130. I will admit that I was very surprised that there were no breakfast specials available, especially considering my visit was mid-week. My breakfast was OK, nothing to rave about, as was my partners. I was somewhat surprised at the price as it was much higher than what I was used to paying for diner food. My waitress was very attentive, but when I asked at the register about a breakfast special I was given some "attitude." Bottom line is average food at very high prices. With many other options avaialbe, would not recommend this establishment unless either the qulaity increases or the prices decrease.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, PA
“Limited Menu”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

In my opinion, a jersey diner should have a menu atleast 4 pages long. Their menu is one page. My sandwich was fine, but the side of broccoli left a lot to be desired. Would I go back for another try? Sure, but then that would be it. Service was fine but much slower than I would have expected since there were only about 5 tables seated.

• Visited March 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cinnaminson, New Jersey
“Bright, cheerful ambience but food no so great.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

The bright, quiet, cheerful ambience and friendly service made for pleasant eating. But the food was not as pleasant. Some of the salad greens were still frosted. My spaghetti and meatballs were bland, and the meatballs would have been better designated as bread-balls (they were virtually all bread). I added cheese and garlic and more sauce and that slightly improved the flavor. My wife’s stuffed peppers dish was fair—again a paucity of meat. The creamed spinach was made with cheese with only a tiny bit of spinach showing (it tasted cheesy). There are restaurants in the area that serve better food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere