“Will Never Stay Here Again!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2389 Route 70 West, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Cherry Hill
Edison, NJ
“Will Never Stay Here Again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2005

Asked for a non smoking room, told by staff that it was non-smoking but all linens, towels, and the bathroom smelled of cigarette smoke and there were cigarette burn marks on the bathtub. Bathroom also had spiders in bathtub and silverfish.

Room was not cleaned, linens not changed the whole 2 night, 3 day stay. We were unable to get new linens or towels to shower until after 10am--and still they never came.

Staff was rude, unapologetic, not helpful, and not knowledgeable about the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2004

My husband and I booked one night in October, 2004 because his Dad was in the hospital in South Jersey.

At first, the room seemed OK, even though the tub and toilet were scarred with cigarette burns.

When I awoke at 4:00 am to use the bathroom, and came back to bed, I noticed BUGS in my husband's bed! I don't mean one little bug - I mean we counted 6 -7 ugly mini-cockroach looking bugs that were coming from under his pillows and under the covers!

I called the front desk to let them know what was happening. The clerk said he could not leave the desk. I asked that he inform the manager immediately!

We checked out right away, and I told the clerk I will expect some kind of refund for this horrible experience. My credit card has been charged for the whole amount, and I have yet to receive any refund!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2004

This was the worst place I've ever seen and I would never stay there. I booked online and by name only. I felt the name Howard Johnson was one I could trust. I'd booked for two nights and didn't stay 15 minutes. My main concerns were the overwhelming bad smell in the room, filthy carpet, paint peeling off the walls and electrical cords laying across the floor to reach an outlet.

The people at the front desk were very nice and didn't question me when I told them I was leaving. I walked with my luggage to the Hilton down the street and had a lovely stay. I've still not received a refund but am in the process of trying to accomplish that.

Please do not stay here, there is no way anyone could enjoy this place.

• Stayed January 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2004

i reserved two rooms for two night last month, but today i found my credit card was charged 5 times single room price. I called them to argue the problem, but again and again, the front desk man I reached hung up the phone.

I am really unhappy with that.

Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2004

My husband and I and our 2 kids (3 and 9 y.o.)were there for two nights in August, 2003. This hotel was a tremendous disappointment. It was nothing like the description on the internet site we used to book our reservation. It was mostly empty, dirty and rather creepy. The only reason we did not leave immediately was because we had driven 10 hours to get there and my husband was sick. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls, there was loose wiring which my husband spotted, the bathtub was stained and the manager said he had run out of shampoo when we asked for more. The walls inside and outside were dirty and the paint was peeling. The pool was closed due to renovation. It was truly the most depressing hotel we have ever stayed in (and we have travelled a lot and stayed in many budget hotels!)

• Stayed August 2003
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2003

Stayed there at Christmas time. There wasn't a warm blanket in the room, so my wife called the front desk. The clerk fetched one from his car. So, good service, but not exactly the best standards.

Not very clean, comfortable or pleasant. Would not recommend. The Hilton down the street is worth the extra money.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2002

I thoroughly enjoyed the Howard Johnson in Cherry Hill, NJ, for the followwing reasons
1)Excellent value for the price you pay
2) The adjoing restaurant is very good, and I defintley recommend going there. It was an Indian restaurant. I don't know a lot about Indian food, but the food there sure was good.
3) While the exterior does need some improvements, i found the rooms to be very decent, with a comfortable bed, bathroom, etc. It was like any typical motel in that respect.
4) While the complimentary breakfest was not a gourmet meal by any means, it served its purpose by offering a typical breakfest with, cereal, danishes, juices, milk, etc.
If you need a decent motel, with excellent value, to stay in if you're visiting the southern New Jersey/Philadelphia area I recommend the Howard Johnson.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!