“Pimps, Junkies, and Lowlifes will like this one” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2389 Route 70 West, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Cherry Hill
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Pimps, Junkies, and Lowlifes will like this one”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We had the misfortune of booking this place for 3 days during my family's summer vacation. The amenities that were not mentioned in the advertising included roaches and some other beetle species that we found in the beds. On our last night, we arrived just in time to witness a fight between a prostitute and her pimp. There was a loud/ drunken party that included the residents of multiple rooms and spilled over to the hallways and parking lot. At one point, someone was banging on our door and, when we called the front desk, they refused to come and investigate. At check out time, the person at the front desk gave me a phone number to call with my complaints. I did this and and left a message with my phone number. Three weeks later, I am still waiting for a return call. In my opinion, there is no rating low enough to describe our experience at this (can't really call it a hotel) hell hole.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Bhupinder D, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Dear valued guest,

We appreciate taking the time to share a review about our hotel. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than a perfect stay. All complaints will be futher investigated and the appropriate action will be taken. I apologize for any inconveniences. We are always looking for ways to improve our quality of service. We hope to see you again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inn's in the future.

Americas Best Value Inn-Cherry Hill, NJ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Howell, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

I booked this via Trails.com...IT WAS DISGUSTING! We needed to be in Philly airport at 6am so I figured lets stay nearby and sleep an extra 2 hours...BIG MISTAKE! we walked into the room and the first thing I always do is check the bathroom, as I flipped on the light the roaches headed for the hills and before I could tell my wife we were leaving she screamed as she saw the roaches allover the ice bucket. Whe we returned to the desk, the night man didn't even blink when I told him and he didn't react until I demanded a refund. He told me they hadn't billed me but Trails.com has. So $104 dollars later I was at the Holiday Inn a mile down the road..."THE GUY DIDN'T EVEN APOLOGIZE!
Neither Trails.com nor the hotel manager are answering the phone. The name is deceiving, the place is a fleabag motel...STAY AWAY!
There was one...positive note? The had that paper band around the toilet that said,

"SANITIZED FOR YOUR PROTECTION"

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review regarding our facilities. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. Our rooms are professionally treated each month for insects. We are always looking for ways to improve our service. Once again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Thanks,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

Yeah, they were there. And the carpeted floors were perpetually moist. Good heating though.

Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share a review about our hotel. We have hired a professional company who treats our rooms each month for insects. I apologize for any inconveniences. Hopefully you will stay with us again or another one of our Americas Best Value Inn's in the future.

Thanks,
New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

I chose this hotel due to its close proximity to philadelphia, and camden water front attractions. The hotel does not compare to some of the high priced accomodations, but it was a good value for our money. The rooms were clean and spacious and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2009

I just wanted to let everyone know that this place is used very frequently to hold underage drinking parties for the local teens. I, myself, used to be one of them several years ago. Towards the end of my high school career however, these parties moved down the street to the Days Inn, but an occaisonal teenage get-together can be found still. The general area however, is a great place. Small, community-based towns where everyone knows each other's face and name. Very friendly, upbeat citizens with high schools not holding more than 1000 kids. The best bet if you are traveling to this area, is the Crowne Plaza a block away or the Holiday Inn a little further down the street. HOWEVER, I really just wanted everyone to know what to expect when visiting this Hotel, as I am a local and don't want to see people dissappointed when traveling this area.

• Stayed January 2009
midlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

This Hotel is in the middle of nowhere, no acess to city centre.
The room was filthy with dead cockroaches in the fridge and in my friends suitcase, what worries me is that we were above the hotel restaurant so theremust be bug in the kitchen, only stay here if you have to.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

Don’t ever stay here. I get to my room and the key does not work. I had to put the key in twice and the third time it finally opened…happened every time I tried to open my door (this actually came in very handy later). Then had to slam the door extremely hard to close it. Twere no vending or ice machines at any of the locations the little map they gave you showed. The floor in the bathroom was filthy. We were told there was no continental breakfast as advertised and the room did not have a coffee pot as the site says it does. Our other room next door had one and when we called the desk to inquire the man at the desk could not understand what we were asking for and finally he said if housekeeping could find one somewhere, then he would have them bring it to me. Then he came to the door to again ask what exactly we needed because he did not understand. So instead of waiting for a coffee pot to turn up somewhere, we asked for just more coffee to make another pot in our other room. Took about 5 minutes to explain to the man that we did not want to remove the coffee pot from the room, just make another pot and needed more grounds. When he was done questioning why we had 2 rooms (as if it was any of his business) he finally brought the coffee to us (which after we made it was actually just brown water) and the cups in the room had holes in them so the brown water was now all over my friends travel case. And finally, the best of all and the reason I say NEVER, EVER STAY HERE; about 3 in the morning I hear a noise outside my door and see my door handle moving. I look out the peephole to see a young couple (and by that I mean what appeared to be a prostitute and a “client” who could not even stand up straight) trying to get into my room. So I put the chain on the door and opened it to ask why they were trying to get into my room. The man in the office actually checked them into the same room as me, with my room key. So it was a good thing the door was so hard to open or these people would have walked right into my room while I was sleeping and who knows what could have happened. Then he checked them into the room on the other side of mine so I got to listen to them for the rest of the night. When I brought it to the attention of the front desk, he told me I was lying. Said that did not happen. Then, after a lot of yelling on my part, I was told it was an honest mistake…honestly stupid maybe. There were maybe 3 other people staying in the hotel and out of the 200 or so available rooms he checked them into mine, how stupid must you be to make that kind of "honest mistake". And all he kept saying was "yes miss, thank you miss" basically ignoring me. Bottom line, not a safe hotel and the people running it have no idea what they are doing. Again I say, DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — soneone else having a key to my room at 3am
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!