“A bit pricey but soooo good” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 222 Restaurants in Cherry Hill
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Marlton, New Jersey
“A bit pricey but soooo good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I have to admit I was a little nervous phoning in an order because of other reviews saying they were rude, but I spoke to someone very nice and helpful. I got a pastrami sandwich, soup, corn beef sandwich and an amazing dessert. Food was great and the pickles were awesome. I've been back since and same great results. I wanted to try the pretzel sliders, but they were out. Hopefully next time.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Runnemede, New Jersey
“Authentic Jewish food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

My family and I have eaten at the kIbitz room twIce in recent months. The service is good and food is great. It is on the expensive side $72 for 4 sandwiches and drinks.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“A “New York deli” right here in Cherry Hill?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

There used to be another Jewish-style deli in this shopping center. I hadn't been to it in a long time. When we went today, I discovered The Kibitz Room (visualize a Hebraic-style type-font) in another store down the row from the old place, and laid out just the opposite (counter on the left instead of on the right).

They promote themselves as “the one and only Kibitz Room,” “the real New York delicatessen,” “Where size does matter.” OK ... We shall see. I'm always up for a Jewish deli challenge. Lets taste!

We arrive about 11:00 AM. Too early for a big deli meat sandwich. Lets have brunch. I check out the display cases. There's one loaded with lox, whitefish, sable, etc. Only problem is my dining partner has never before eaten lox. Oh well, it won't kill you.

We order a single “hand sliced Nova” platter to share and an extra bagel. In most places, a platter like this comes with enough lox for two bagels. At the Kibitz Room it was a little on the stingy side, AND it was fifteen bucks! But, it was excellent.

I get a Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray ... very hard to find this far from New York. My dining partner orders coffee.

Along the back wall is the Kibitz Room's pickle bar ... with an assortment of half-sour, garlic, sour, and sweet sliced pickles, as well as pickled tomatoes, sauerkraut and health salad. All delicious.

We stayed and talked some business for a while. He says he enjoyed his first lox experience, and might even try it again some day.

Then, on our way out, I checked the deli cases again, but I can't find the corned beef and pastrami. I ask “Do you keep your corned beef and pastrami in a steam cabinet?” “Yes,” they say. “Where is it?” And there, right behind the counter, was a wonderful sight ... A genuine New York deli-style steam cabinet full of deli meats!

Too late to taste today because I'm already full from bagels and lox. I'll come back and try their deli meats ... even if they are too expensive. Five bucks for a potato knish, thirteen fifty for a corned beef sandwich. Brunch for two, sharing a platter, and with two soft drinks and tax, was thirty bucks! As my grandfather would have said “I'll come back, but I'll wait for a day when I'm feeling flush.”

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
turnersville, nj
“great hot corned beef sandwich”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

prices are higher than most delis in our area (Turnersville) but well worth the drive and money

each sandwich comes with a side of coleslaw, potato salad, potato pancake, etc.

plus, a large selection of sandwiches, soups, smoked fish platters, breakfast foods, wraps, salads, bagels, etc.

and the Jewish seeded rye is excellent, too

Visited March 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Huge sandwiches, good quality meats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

A real deli with great meats, fresh, tasty, and piled high. Half sandwich is filling, so get a whole and share, and it's more reasonably priced per person. Great pickle bar in the back, all you can eat. Noisy, crowded, good food - that's what a Jewish deli should be. Order at the counter, find your seat, they'll bring your sandwich to you.

• Visited January 2013