“Used to be Better” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
cherry hill, nj
“Used to be Better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I have liked this place in the past, but the last two times we went it was a true disappointment. I'm done. Service is mediocre and unpolished (which is weird given the price point and the nice dining room). On our last visit, nobody at our table of four really liked their meal. How sad. Great wine list. Piano player annoying.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Nothing much...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

I read and was told that this was voted a very good restaurant in the South Jersey area. I found it so-so. I guess the little blue lights over the piano constituted romantic ambiance? Never the less, my date and I were in the mood for a delicious meal, not so much the atmosphere. The seafood bisque soup with flaky crust I ordered at $9 had a decent creamy texture and nice flavour but lacked of any good amount of shrimp or lobster or scallops. It was filling but lacking of the things that make seafood bisque...namely the seafood. I ordered the salmon with balsamic dressing....it arrived, a 2 x 4 chunk of bland salmon with a drizzling of balsamic vinegar and that's about the only thing I could taste.It didn't even taste like it had been broiled. More like poached salmon. Nothing special. A side of mashed potatoes and some nondescript blanched vegetables. I think I recognized a zucchini slice and a red onion slice. My date had the veal parm with linguini, two small pieces of veal sitting on top of a child portion of linguini. Was it even homemade pasta? I think there were at least three waiters to a table, none seemed to have much interest in their jobs except to hurriedly want to clean off our table. Do not know why since the place was practically empty. They advertised some kind of entertainment, but none to be had this night. The hostess blamed it on the Labor Day weekend. I was not favorably impressed with this restaurant. Doubt I will go again.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Marlton, New Jersey
“Truly a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

My husband and I love this restaurant!! We came to try the Farm to Fork menu- and it was terrific. Everything was so fresh and delicious- and a little different than their regular menu which we also enjoy. The service here is warm and personable, you almost feel like family and when you return it's like they really do remember you! Saturday night is great with live music and dancing. The bottles of wine are very affordable, but if you don't want a whole bottle they have a great selection of wines by the glass. The martinis are served with the cutest little carafe on the side so you can keep it chilled. Oh, and the dessert tray that comes with your dinner is SO good. Love this place!!

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Little known Cherry Hill Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I went there a couple weeks ago with my wife and what a fantastic night. We went for our anniversary and had a great experience. The only issue my wife and I had was when we were greeted at the door by the maitre de who was quite rude and obnoxiously loud while chatting at the bar. Nevertheless two very professional waiters quickly approached our table with cheese spread and water for us. They were quite knowledgeable about the menu and helped guide my wife and I when trying to choose from all the great choices. Everything was delicious. The two waiters seemed to work extremely well together. They provided my wife and I with fresh silverware with every course and our waters never went less then half full. We will definitely be back soon.

Visited July 2011
Philadelphia Area
“Highly recommend, great food, great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

I have been to Andreotti's for lunch on two occasions. It was really good, so I thought for my Birthday dinner I would have my Fiance' take me there, since the dinner menu is different. The food was AMAZING! The salads were fresh, but in my opinion could have used a little more vinegar. The 7 cheese spread and loaf of bread they give you is really good. They give you a generous portion of wine and let you taste it if you are unsure if you would like it or not. They give you lemon sorbet between the salad and dinner which is a nice touch. The lemon sorbet is not that cheap water ice type, but actually extremely delicious creamy sorbet. Yum! I had the salmon with lemon dill sauce, served with mashed potatoes and fresh veggies. My Fiance had braised beef that was so tender you could cut it with a fork. We were then served various little pastries. The setting was nice and the service was great. It wasn't super busy in there, so looking at the other posts I don't know if it depends on the night...but our server did a great job. He was very attentive, but did not bother us every 5 seconds like in some restaurants. He was there when needed and checked on us a few times at the right times. I really liked the Cafe and I have to say, it is probably one of the best dinners I had in a long time.

• Visited April 2011