“Grand dining at the Grand Luxe Cafe” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Grand dining at the Grand Luxe Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Dining at the your local mall does not always signify style, taste, ambiance or great food. Usually people find good food at reasonable prices but not a place to have a memorable time. The Grand Luxe Cafe is a stand out among mall dining experiences. The waitstaff is friendly, very informative and not overbearing. My waitress explained the menu and knew the ingredients for several dishes I asked about. They are willing to accomodate you in preparing your meal and eliminating ingredients that you may have problems with. All their meals are made fresh but don't take forever to prepare and serve. The menu is eclectic and well suited to just about anyone. Try the eggplant fritters, DELICIOUS!!!!! The foods is well prepared with new twists on old favorites and the plates are clean and have great eye appeal. The desserts are to die for and the plate size chocolate chip cookies should be preordered and come fresh out of the oven, warm and chocolate chips soft and scrumptious. the restrooms are clean and cool and very modern. This is a setting for all types of ocassions for all kinds of groups, intimate, family and business types looking for great food and a cool time.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Burlington, New Jersey
“I Like!...My new "go to" restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have been to Grand Cafe Lux twice in the past few weeks. Once for brunch and once for dinner. Very impressive, calming and spacious atmosphere. I truly enjoyed the soft background music (playing overhead) as I dined. I do recommend this restaurant for date nights, dinner with friends and or family nights. I will also say that I didn't have to wait to be seated either time. I'm not sure if this is the norm or whether it was "good timing" on our part.

As a vegetarian, I found many vegetarian-friendly options to choose from. The meals are made-to-order, so you can modify the the menu choices to "have it your way". Portions for both meals were more than sufficient. Menu prices are also very reasonable.

I'm not much of a drinker, but Grand Lux does offer a "drink of the day" at a discounted price.

Comments on food/drinks from friends that I dined with:

Mai Tai was too sweet, had to be diluted with water
Pineapple basil Mojito was just right (she drank a few)
Peach Bellini was good. Sweetness was just right, low alcohol
Peach Cobbler was OK. Could have been sweeter and peaches could have been cooked a little longer
The apple pie was DELICIOUS
Very nice portion size
One friend thought that some of the menu options were "too busy". She said that they were too involved.

It's worth a try and a good rival to their sister restaurant The Cheesecake Factory, which has a more robust menu.

P.S. Complimentary valet parking :o)

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Jersey
“Good Food, good service, but a little slow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband & I decided to take a ride to Cherry Hill, Nj to check out the Cherry Hill Mall. We haven't been there since we moved about 8-9 years ago. We stopped at Grand Lux Cafe for lunch. Good choice! The food was very good, the drinks were good, too. Except they listed moscato on the menu, but they were out of it. Waitress told us yo had to order certain desserts while first ordering your meal, because they make everything fresh & it may take 30 minutes to make. So we ordered the Blueberry Buckle. She forget to place the order, so we had to wait 30 minutes for it to be made. It was very good. While waiting, I decided to have another drink...I had Chocolate Espresso Martini - very good!

• Visited November 2012
Moorestown
“Dessert is the highlight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Restaurant is usually very crowded. Atmosphere is worth the wait. Ribs are good but they run out and don't always have them. Servings are Big. Wait staff is super accommodating. Don't miss the lava cake for dessert. Yummy!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Myers, FL
“Great food, large portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Great new place in town. We had Chicken Picatta and Jambalaya. Great flavors, each enough for more than two. Fresh, hot bread from their on site bakery. For dessert had the Cupcake Collision. Two of us couldn't finish the two frosted, fresh baked cupcakes with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge and massive topping of whipped cream. Friendly waitress. Only downside was that it is noisy due to high ceilings and music blasting.

• Visited October 2012