“Great time, could be a little cleaner though” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Attractions in Cherry Hill
Type: Children's Museums, Museums
Voorhees, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
“Great time, could be a little cleaner though”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I've taken my family here a few times as the kids love to play with the many toys found throughout the facility. They have begun to show their age and refreshing the inventory would behoove them a great deal. Lots to check out though, so don't get there with limited time until closing!

Visited August 2013

Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Good concept, but not well maintained.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We were in the area and had some time to kill before dinner so decided to check out this Museum with our two kids ages 5 & 7. We went on a Saturday evening.

My first impression - the place is very small, cramped and quite shabby. There were some nice hands on activities for kids and both my kids enjoyed the pretend play activities. But from a parent's perspective, it looked old and shabby. Its also very dimly lit. The areas were not very well maintained - they must have had a busy day and things were all over the floor! No one was clearing or cleaning. We visited every area and none of the areas were monitored or maintained by a staff member. Quite honestly, the crowd was also interesting... older children running all over, a couple of young men hogging the kids basketball area. Basically a severe lack of manners and civility.

We visit the Delaware Children's Museum very often and it's way, way much better - far more spacious, better floor plan, clean and very up to date. The Garden State Museum needs a lot of improvement!! Compared to other Childrens Museums we've been to, this was the least educational and most poorly maintained. Only good thing - they had hand sanitizers everywhere and I kept making sure we were constantly cleaning our hands, especially given the crowd and lack of maintenance.

Visited October 2013
handsonfun, Public Relations Manager at Garden State Discovery Museum, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your last visit to the Garden State Discovery Museum. I would like to speak with you regarding your visit. Please call Jordan at 856-424-1233 ext 311. We take pride in making sure that all children and adults have a great time learning and playing at the museum. We also make sure that the museum is clean and properly staffed. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
New Jersey
11 attraction reviews
“Nice place to take young kids for a few hours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is a great place for kids to have fun in an educational and interactive environment. Lots of fun exhibits with staff members around to help at some. Highlights were the pretend diner, TV studio, and veterinarian office. Dinosaur area is lots of fun. Plenty of climbing opportunities for active kids. Best age range is around 4 -9, I'd say, but there was one exhibit that was specifically for kids age 4 and under--nice so they don't have a lot of bigger kids running around in that one.

There is a snack bar available and a nice gift shop with toys you don't mind buying for your child or grandchild. The turtle exhibit was a real hit. There are a few other live animal displays too, such as a snake, scorpion, tarantula, etc.

Expect to spend about 90 minutes to two hours. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Visited November 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Great Spot for an afternoon trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Awesome place for kids to get out and explore and be active. The Please Touch Museum in NJ. A must see for kids (ages 2-10, I would guess are the best ages).

Visited October 2013
Medford, New Jersey
29 attraction reviews
“PLACE NEEDS AN UPDATE AND CLEANING”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Sorry to say, the GS Discovery Museum is off my list for now. While the facility encourages learning, many exhibits do not work or are missing "pieces." In the costume area, many are tattered. There are VERY FEW staff members around to help. The place also needs to be professionally cleaned. This used to be one of my favorite places for kids, but it's gone down hill. I'm hoping to see an improvement in the facility soon.

Visited September 2013
handsonfun, Public Relations Manager at Garden State Discovery Museum, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hi,

I would like to talk to you about your visit to the Museum. Please call me directly at 856-424-1233 ext 311 so that I can learn more about your visit.

Jordan Blau