“Better than Philly!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Better than Philly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Noodles and duck and just like Chinatown version if not better. It is bona fide! Greats apps and the best duck in the region.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Somerset, New Jersey
“Fresh and Light!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This restaurant was incredible! The food was freshly made to order and everything tasted incredible. We started with 2 orders of dumplings; one meat and the other chicken. They were both incredibly delicious, and, although they came with a terriyaki sauce, at the table are additional sauces that you can mix together to create a custom dipping sauce. For our main course, my father ordered the Special Seafood Noodle Big Bowl. It was loaded with large pieces of shrimp, scallops and other seafood, along with the noodles and wontons. My sister ordered a large bowl of wonton soup; again loaded with tasty wontons. I ordered the wonton noodle soup with added pork. Simply delicious! What was incredible to me was that all our choices had different soup stocks, different noodles, and different flavors. We all thoroughly loved our meals. While we were "full" when we left, we were not "stuffed, as the food was light and not "greasy" as some Chinese food can be. The entire meal for 3, which came with hot tea, was $38. Our food came quickly, and my only suggestion would be that the servers come around to the table to fill the water glasses more often. FYI - the tables are close together and the place was crowded, but the acoustics were good and the place did not seem that loud.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southern New Jersey
“Fantastic Chinese Meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

This location is every bit as delicious and well run as their location is in Philly's Chinatown. You could have Chinese style food at 1000 other places and never have it the same way as they prepare it at any Sang Kee location. Wontons, dumplings, noodle entrees - everything is tops in all categories. The service is excellent and the management there is very attentive to ask you how your experience was after your meal. Now I don't need to travel into the city every time I need some Sang Kee Chinese.

Mt Laurel, New Jersey
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Sang Kee was recommended to us last year, but we just didn’t get there. Foolish us. We finally made it for lunch and were totally pleased we did. It will not be our last visit.

The restaurant is small and had lots of lunch customers, but worth the coziness. The food and service were excellent. The portions are generous. We both had enough leftovers for next day lunch. Yum.

My husband and I both had Shrimp Pad Thai that was by far the best I’ve had. It’s slightly spicy, not sweet as some I’ve had and the shrimp were cooked perfectly. Great taste.

• Visited November 2013
Haddonfield, New Jersey
“Small Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We visited here based on past experience with the other Sang Kee restaurants in Philly. It is a small, intimate space where you can view the kitchen. Service was friendly. We had the juicy buns and chow fun noodles. The juicy buns were new to me, but my friend said that while good, not as light as she has had them at other places. I really enjoyed the chow fun - not as greasy as some other places -- a good thing! The table next to us was occupied by native Chinese who ordered a soup that I believe was made with duck stomach (at least that was our interpretation). It smelled amazing. I will definitely be back to try out their other noodles!

• Visited August 2013