“Outstanding Sushi & Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 221 Restaurants in Cherry Hill
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Outstanding Sushi & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I took my family including 3 young children to Oh Yoko tonight for dinner. Was my second visit and must say the food is amazing and the service impeccable. There are many sushi options in the area but if you miss this one it is truly your loss. Awesome atmosphere atmosphere and top notch service are rivaled only by the quality of the food. A must try Sushi restaurant

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“My favorite Sushi place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a great BYOB sushi joint in a nondescript shopping strip on Route 70 in Cherry Hill, NJ. Its a cute, quiet, simple restaurant that offers up amazingly fresh sushi. From the average stuff that everybody has to some more exotic fishes, everything I've ever had here is amazing. Added bonus - Wasabi honey dripped french fries! super thin, super crispy, slightly sweet, slightly hot, stunningly delicious. We usually order it as an appetizer, but you could probably have it as a dessert. It's that good.

My only disappointment is their green tea ice cream. It's a little mealy. But the black bean shaved ice is one of the most uniquely delicious flavors I've experienced.

Double bonus. They only play Beatles music.

Visited May 2013
Moorestown, New Jersey
“Our favorite japanese restaurant in South Jersey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

High quality japanese restaurant specializing in sushi. Clean surfaces and clean air. Seriously, some restaurants serving fish develop that certain odor. Not the case here. We've eaten here for years and they have maintained a fresh atmosphere. Interior is tasteful, yet fun. Their rolls are delicious, and the fish is top notch fresh. Quality, first; quantity second. If you are ravenous, or just typically a big eater, you cannot go wrong with the Spicy Chirashidon. Actually, two people could eat/share that particular dish. Realize, the food is made to order (this is not some sort of buffet-type shovel the food out to the people restaurant), so be patient...you'll get quality. We have been to this restaurant as a couple, with friends, and with family, and it has never disappointed to meet the level of quality we've come to expect.
My only concern is that for each of us reviewing this establishment it is going to make it more difficult for us to get a table.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Great sushi, quaint place, efficient service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Love Oh Yoko. The place itself is very quaint. The staff is friendly, greeting us warmly as we enter. The clear soup is DELICIOUS, a must. The only negative is that the sushi portions are a bit sparse for the price, especially compared to other sushi restaurants nearby like Mikado. If you're looking for a quiet, quaint place for an evening out, and you're not famished, Oh Yoko is the place for you.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Jersey
“I'm so lucky I live near Oh Yoko”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

There are about a dozen places to get fresh sushi in Cherry Hill, but Oh Yoko is the one that keeps drawing me back. Today I was working at home on a project with a friend. It was getting late for lunch. We went out, got in the car, and ... now where to go? We started toward another place, then our conversation turned toward sushi and I turned the car around.

Oh Yoko is in Pine Tree Plaza, a strip of sores on Route 70. Even at the off-time when we arrived there is always a cheerful greeting from the staff. We each ordered a bento box lunch -- sushi for me and chicken teriyaki for him. The presentation was beautiful. We split them so we each got some of each.

Other reviewers already wrote about the Beatles theme. Beatles music, nostalgic Beatles pictures on the walls. Sort of kitschy, but nice. That's part of what makes the Oh Yoko experience so pleasant. That and the personal attention.

Finished lunch, then back to work.

Careful ... Oh Yoko is actually located on westbound Route 70, but about two miles east of where it is shown on Tripadvisor's map.

• Visited June 2012