“Fabulous Meal!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille - Cherry Hill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 217 Restaurants in Cherry Hill
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Haddonfield Road
Description: We cordially invite you to set aside the preconceived notion that urbane dining requires an urban setting. Dry Aged Steak au Poivre and Citrus Glazed Salmon are equally at-home in Camden County as Philadelphia. And could 5,000 bottles of world-class wine hope for a more fitting home than a place called Cherry Hill? Culinary connoisseurs, The Capital Grille has arrived in suburbia.
Deep River, CT
“Fabulous Meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I took my sister here for her birthday when we traveled to Cherry Hill from Connecticut for an overnight visit/shopping trip. I had noted that it was her birthday when I made the online reservation and when we arrived, the hostess wished my sister Happy Birthday and when we were taken to our table there was a lovely handwritten birthday greeting waiting for her along with a handful of metallic confetti spelling out Happy Birthday scattered atop the tablecloth. We'd never eaten in a Capital Grille before but a cousin of ours recommended it. It is modeled on an old style chop house; dark wood and low but not too dim lighting - nice table linens and substantial flatware and china. Our server, Sarah, was efficient, pleasant and knowledgeable - an excellent representative for the restaurant. We started with cocktails and then shared a caprese salad which was very good. My sister had the butter-poached lobster tails served over twin medallions of filet mignon and I had the kona-rubbed bone-in sirloin - both were excellent choices. We shared a side of au gratin potatoes. Everything was perfect. My sister said it was the best meal she had ever had! We ordered tea and Sarah brought out a surprise dessert for my sister: a slice of flourless chocolate espresso cake served with fresh raspberries and whipped cream - Happy Birthday was spelled out in chocolate on the rim of the plate along with a lighted birthday candle. Decadent and delicious. Sarah even took a picture of us and had a copy for each of us set into a card that she gave us at the end of the evening. We were thrilled with the entire experience from the valet parking to our leftovers being boxed and bagged with a little signed note attached to the handle. If you are looking for a special spot for romantic dinner or celebration - this is it! I can't wait to go to another Capital Grille and if I am back in the Cherry Hill area in the future I'll definitely come back here. I wish there was one in my area - I'd have my husband take me there for my birthday in June!

Delair, NJ
“Coffee Rubbed on a Steak? You betcha!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

If you're looking to take your significant other or a friend/family member for a nice night out, the Capital Grille should be near the top of your list!

We had the pleasure of being served by Ricky who was energetic and very professional. It's such a breathe of fresh air to dine at a place with professional wait staff. Since it was our first time at CG, Ricky was kind enough to inform us of the unique selling point of CG: their steaks.

Since I'm a coffee aficionado, I opted to go with the Chef's Choice Kona rubbed 14oz sirloin cooked medium. They can cook a steak to perfection. It was PERFECTLY pink and hot throughout. I didn't realize I was ordering near a pound of meat, and boy was the steak HUGE! The shallot butter was a perfect compliment to the coffee rub and perfectly tender beef.

My wife had the citrus salmon which was delicious as well. There were no leftovers for her! Our sides were the parmesan truffle fries, while oily, were delectable and the cream corn with smoked bacon was --- well, how can anything with smoked bacon be bad?!?

We weren't able to save room for dessert, but we intend to go back. One final note - I never thought salad dressing with bacon as the main ingredient could be good, but when you toss in some spinach and a bunch of crispy bacon - it's amazing! Definitely try the spinach salad w/ bacon dressing.

As an FYI for those curious - the place is upscale. With that comes a hefty bill. With 3 drinks between the two of us, our bill was $165 w/ gratuity.

“Date Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

What better way to have a Date Night then to have great tasting wine, sweet sparkling wine and awesome service. Started off with a bottle of Moscoto D Asti & a delicious bread basket with assorted breads. I ordered the Filet Oscar medium for my main course which and my significant other ordered the Beef Tenderlion with butter drawn Lobster. There was no speaking through our meal which means it must be a thumbs up. We didn't wasn't to stop eating it was so good. It was a great date

Cherry Hill
“Rushed through the Meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I ordered the Tuna and I forgot what my wife ordered because we had a few too many drinks during our wait for our table. The bar service was excellent and the drinks stiff. No complaints about the bar service and high quality service was commensurate with the price of the drinks. I was, however, disappointed in the tuna steak I ordered. The first piece I cut and put into my mouth had a piece of gristle. The choices to complement the tuan were limited and I found the three sauces that accompany the Tuna very oily. I subsequently ordered a side of wasabi. In totality, I would rate the quality of the tuna on par with Bonefish grill but for nearly two to three times the price. We also ordered appetizers and to my great surprise our waiter swooped the shrimp away before we were finished. You may be thinking that we were loitering, but we were not. I don't think this was intentional, I just think the guy was a bit high strung and did not slow down enough to ask and even realize that we might have wanted the last piece of shrimp (or was it scallop..too much scotch). So, based upon the price, the service and the quality of the tuna, I gave the restaurant and average rating. Next time I stick with the beef (except I "steer" clear of beef).

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“This is the place for a melt in the mouth steak dinner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I had been hungry for delicious steak dinner since we were on a spring break vacation in Western VA. We decided to wait until we got home to go to The Capital Grille in Cherry Hill, NJ at the CH Mall. It was worth our waiting for this delicious, melt in the mouth steak dinner. The atmosphere and service were outstanding, as was the food. We started with enjoying the warm homemade assortment of bread and creamy butter. We each sipped a delicious Makers Mark Manhattan on the rocks. My husband had Cape May oysters that he said were delicious. Each of us had a salad - he chose the Caesar salad and I the field greens salad. The salads were fresh and crisp with a light flavorful dressing. We decided to have a glass of red wine with our steaks. My steak was literally melt in your mouth - I chose the sliced filet with cipollini onions and wild mushrooms while he had the sirloin steak. We each had a decaf cappuccino with the homemade raspberry sorbet and biscotti to share for dessert. We really enjoyed our dinner at the Capital Grille in Cherry Hill, NJ at the mall. We know that you would love the atmosphere, service and the food too. The total bill was pricey, but worth the cost for all of what we look for in great steak house.