“A FABULOUS FIND...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Executive Suites

You added Hotel Executive Suites to your Saves list
Hotel Executive Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   30 Minue Street, Carteret, NJ 07008 (Formerly Radisson Hotel Carteret)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Carteret
st louis, mo
“A FABULOUS FIND...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

The hotel management & staff went above and beyond to make our stay absolutley wonderful! The hotel was a GREAT find as far as price, rooms, and location. I was unsure about staying at this hotel after reading a few of the negative reviews on trip advisor, but was ever so thankful we stayed anyway. A HUGE thatnk you to Felix @ the front desk. He was sooo wonderful. He just made things happen! Whatever it was that we needed, he would roll out the red carpet and get things done! He always kept a smile on his face and never made us feel like we were a bother to him. Thank you Felix for ALL your help with everything! You made our trip so EASY! Thank you to Ed and the other shuttle drivers who were such a blessing to us! Thank you for every ride to and from the train station, cruise port, and airport! You made our shuttle service easy and FUN! Thank you to Richard, the GM. You were such a great help to us from the beginning. Thank you for reassuring us that your hotel would be worth staying at becasue it definitly was! We will definitely be staying with you all again if we find ourselves traveling your way!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Richard S, General Manager at Hotel Executive Suites, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for staying with us.

We are so glad that you enjoyed our property and that we could far exceed your expectations. As we are able to arrange fast and efficient shuttle service to the Cape Liberty Cruise Port in nearby Bayonne, NJ, we have found that many of our guests prefer to stay at our hotel before or after their cruise, whether they are flying in or driving.

Long term parking can be arranged with the hotel if you would like to stay with us overnight and leave your car while you cruise.

Thanks again for your kind words, everyone on staff was happy to hear you had a great time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stayed at this hotel last week for 5 days, I was on the 5th floor facing south. This hotel is a great bang for the buck, the rooms are in great shape they have been recently refurbished, you can tell the owners spent some money recently because the rooms looks like they have been redone, the furniture is pretty new, the appliances are like brand new, the TV, Microwave and Fridge looked like they were straight out of the box.
The beds impressed me, hey were Sleep Number adjustable beds! That's rare in a hotel. They were very comfortable and very clean. The display on the hand held adjuster wasn't working too good but you don't have to be a genius to figure it out. The bathrooms were very clean also looked like they had been redone recently, the service was excellent, there is plenty of parking even for tour buses, and it's not too far from NYC about 20 minutes south of the Lincoln Tunnel just off of the I95. The New Jersey highway exits can be a little tricky for those who are directionally challenged therefore a GPS would help you in New Jersey.
The only thing that I could say was terrible about this place was the breakfast, powdered eggs, greasy disgusting sausages, poor selection of cereal, no bagels or muffins, very minimal items, after the second day there I didn't even bother with eating breakfast there any more.
The only other thing that bothered me a little bit was despite of how clean this place was it failed one of my tests. I have 4 tests I do in every hotel I stay at.
1. The second you walk into the room take a deep breath to check for any odors.
2. Pull the sheets off the bed and see that the mattress is clean.
3. Take off all pillow cases and make sure the pillows are clean.
4. Check behind as well as under the bed and furniture to make sure there is no dust there as well check the bathrooms for body hair, this will tell you how much attention to detail the maids give and the quality of the cleanliness.
Once the room passes all 4 of those tests I stay in it, if not I ask to be switched to another room and if the second room is the same I leave the hotel.
I had 4 pillows on my bed, I had to return one because it was dirty, the receptionist gave me a new one right away and she was very apologetic and sincere about it.
The restaurant down stairs wasn't all that impressive and unfortunately there isn't much to eat around that area, there is a 7 Eleven within 5 minutes walking distance and a few mom and pops restaurants along the road to 7 Eleven but nothing major. I ended up ordering a pizza.
Overall I was very happy with my stay there and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: No matter what room you choose at this hotel there's not much of a view anyway therefore it won...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
We genuinely thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and informative critique of our hotel. Honestly when we receive feedback such as yours we all take note and read - even re-read -and circulate to all staff and colleagues for many days after receiving.

The fact that you spent five days staying with us and we could exceed your expectations on most counts makes us very happy. When it comes to breakfast know that your comments were raised with our food suppliers and we have had in-depth discussions with them as to how we might be able to satisfy longer term and extended stay guests such as yourself.

We truly value your comments and of course, your return business. We are looking into how to even further enhance our product, amenities and offerings.
Guerneville, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

A little farther from the airport, but also more reasonable. The room was very nice...clean and quiet. The front desk staff was very helpful. Really appreciated the full, hot breakfast that was included. We arrived late, but no problem getting the shuttle from Newark airport.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review of our property.

We are pleased that we could meet and exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you come to the NY area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We had a pleasant stay. Everything with was decent with the room. The hotel was very busy and full but we still got a good night of sleep. Whitney at the front desk went above and beyond. She shows exactly what customer service is all about. It makes staying at a hotel much better when you have staff that help with all your needs.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay.

As Cape Liberty Cruise Port is about 20 minutes from our hotel in the town of Bayonne NJ, we have many guests who stay at our hotel before and after their cruise. Shuttle service can be arranged a day or two prior to arrival with just an e-mail or phone call to the hotel.
Mumbai, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Was very apprehensive reading all here reviews online but when I reached there...I was surprised.

Conveniently located on the main freeway with a super front desk helping you out in every possible way, this place is more than a motel. It fits in between a hotel and a motel.

Super spacious, nice bathroom with all amenities and flat screen TV, clean and so simple...I loved every bit of my stay and thought it could make so much of a better chain than other lousy ones in America. But sadly it is just a single hotel.

But I recommend it completely close to the Newark airport which is a value for money deal. Go for it!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We were very heartened to hear that you had a good stay with us and will come back.

No we are not part of a chain. We are independent and can move nimbly to respond to guests needs and requests. Our very many return guests recognize that is a very positive aspect of our hotel.
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

My wife and daughter stayed here for 1 night before flying out. The promotion offered I believe up to 7 days of free parking.
We checked in after 7pm and there was only one person working at the desk so check in took a bit of time as there were 2 checkins ahead of us.
The room was clean and very nice. We always make it a point to check the bed sheets and bathroom floors.
The bed was comfortable and we didn't hear any noise and the free wifi worked without any issues.
We only got something to drink in the breakfast area on check out so I can't comment on the selection or quality of the food.
Had the hotel been closer to the airport I would have given it an excellent rating for this particular stay. Closer means quicker shuttle drop off and pickup times. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for your kind words about the hotel.

We are glad you enjoyed our shared service with Park Sleep and Fly, where you can overnight with us, park more economically at our facility and then be shuttled back and forth to Newark Airport for your flight.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed here about a month ago. Please take my advice, and don't stay here. Upon arrival, it took the front desk clerk 3 times to get my keys correct. Once I finally get up to my room, there were seaman stains on the couch. I called down to get my room changed, and once I got into my second room, I was shocked. Seaman stains on the bed and couch. My sister works for a hotel, and they take pride in their room keeping. It boggles my mind how a hotel could offer 2 rooms with seaman stains, as acceptable. On top of that, there was molding carpets near the bathroom.

I called down to the front desk, and explained that this was not a 3.5 star hotel as described, and if they could not provide me with a sanitary room, I wanted to check out. The front desk employee explained to me that there was no manager on duty since it was night time, (I thought in a hotel there had to be a manager on duty at all times) and that I would have to check out in the morning.

The next morning I spoke to the manager, and explained that I wanted a refund because this hotel was disgusting. He explained to me that since I stayed the night, he was unable to offer a refund. I explained to him, I had wanted to check out, and attempted to check out, but there was no manager there to authorize the early checkout!

I lost an entire day of vacation the following day searching for a new hotel. I even attempted to contact the hotel a few days later, but to no avail. I have stayed at a lot of bad hotels in my day, but I have NEVER asked to check out early, or for a refund. I got a note from priceline (the booking website I used), saying they were sorry for my bad stay, but they would upgrade my room the next time I was there. Maybe the "upgrade' means a clean room with no seaman stains or moldy carpets.

I know the manager of the hotel will respond to this saying, "we take pride in our hotel, this didn't happen" or "this guest never attempted to contact us during their stay", but you can make your own decision on what really happened. Honestly, please don't stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Richard S, General Manager at Hotel Executive Suites, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for sharing your guest experience. We are disappointed that you did not enjoy the hotel as the vast majority of our guests do.

We take very seriously all Housekeeping issues and please be aware that after reading your comment the owner and GM personally viewed any of the possible issues with stained upholstery or linens. We found no such evidence or residue that would earn us the dubious title "Worst Hotel I Have Ever Stayed At".

As we have spent the winter months steam cleaning upholstery and rugs in all spaces while bringing in new linens and fluffier towels, we are active in our pursuit of refreshing the hotel at every opportunity. That includes a top of the line European key card machine that acts just as finicky on some days as a Jaguar or Maserati.We apologize for the hassle but the chinks are now mostly worked out.

If you or any other guest is unhappy with the property upon arrival there is of course no problem that we would have in graciously allowing you to check out early. We are confident that you will be the rare traveler who chooses to do so.

Been to Hotel Executive Suites? Share your experiences!