“Excellent comfortable stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Carlstadt
Averill Park, New York
“Excellent comfortable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel before when coming down to the Meadowlands for concerts. Rooms are very nice, large, flat screen tvs, nice large bathroom, and most important, unbelievably comfortable beds and pillows. Free breakfast is very nice also. For Springsteen concert, hotel shuttle brought us over to the stadium. The hotel had something set up with local restaurant for return but we walked. It's about a 15-20 minute walk, would not recommend unless you know where you're going. Return shuttle was only running until 1 a.m. We were at the concert that was delayed because of lightning in the area, Bruce didn't come on until 10:30 and show went until after 2. Staff is very friendly. Definitely would stay here again. The only complaint I have is tha air conditioner is loud but we were so tired that it really didn't matter.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Belvidere, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed one night as we were attending one of Bruce Springsteen's shows. The shuttle was extremely convenient. On our way out we picked up a flyer the hotel had about the shuttle that said it would stop at 12 midnight. The show was over after 12. We didn't take a chance, we hitched a ride back to the hotel with friends who were at the show so I can't say if the return shuttle was running or not.
The room was very nice, nice clean linens, big frig! The only downside I could see is that the air conditioner was kind of noisy, but that was to be expected. We slept well and enjoyed the breakfast before we left. I'd definitely return to the Hampton Inn!

Room Tip: Our room was in the front, there was some road noise, not enough to keep us awake though. The back w...
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in Sept. 2012. We used it as a base to visit New York City. It was an excellent choice. The hotel has nice facilitites, very good breakfast service, very friendly staff, helpful planning trips to NYC. The hotel is right by the bus stop to go to the City. It is not walking distance close to restaurant and shopping; that was not a problem for us as our goal was to visit NYC. We recommend it.

NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed here one night and everything was just fine: very clean room, super-comfortable bed, (hence good sleep quality) , quiet, very clean linens, lots of nice towels, good breakfast. The breakfast buffet was constantly being re-stocked by a diligent worker and he kept the place tidy. Even the food was hot and plentiful!
I have no complaints about this Hampton Inn: well-run, clean and welcoming. A+ Will return for sure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have stayed in Hampton Inn alot so i know what to expect when i check in. During the check in process, it was interupted by another hotel staff member about a shuttle for another guest, which could have waited until after i checked in. The clerk checking me in started the whole process over again. after he gave me my keys he told me that i am on the 2nd floor but didnt tell me where the elevators were(no big deal but would have been a nice touch) later on in the evening I called down wondering what time the stadium allows people to start tailgating. He said he did not know, it was like pulling teeth i asked if he could find out for me. a few minutes later he called back and said that he could not find any information regarding my question online. He said i could call guest services and gave me the number for me to call. I wish while he was looking for the info online since he could find it he would call over for me and get the info for me since there were others in the hotel that were there for the USC vs SU game that Saturday. guest service was not that great compared to other hampton inns i have stayed at.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Ontario Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The Hampton Inn is perfect if you are going to NY for a Giants or Jets game. Cab fare from the Newark airport is 50 bucks but only one way. The hotel shuttle will take you back to the airport. The shuttle will also take you to and from the game, to and from dinner or shopping. Super service. Breakfast at the Hampton is quite good and complimentary. The room was clean and linens as comfy as they advertise. Staff was exceptional. But best of all the bus stops right across the street to take you to NY (Times Square) for 8.50 return or 3.80 for seniors. It is a ten minute ride under the tunnel. Wow what a deal. I would highly recommend this hotel for the budget minded but still looking for good service, food and convenience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Clinton, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Staff is very friendly and helpful but the rooms smell dirty, bedding smells dirty, floor rugs are dirty and smelly, pillows smelled like BO, lights and phone did not work. This Hampton Inn is TERRIBLE. I would never stay here again and if it was my first ever Hampton Inn stay, I would never stay in one again. Even the AC blew out stale dirty smelling air. In all, the room felt dirty and unpleasant. I am very disappointed that Hilton would allow such a poor quality inn to exist in their chain. I am shocked that so many other guests rated this hotel so highly...it's like we stayed in a different Inn than the one they rated. Again, I strongly suggest you avoid this place!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else...you will like it better than anything in this hotel!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands? Share your experiences!