“Wont be long to be #1 in Carlstadt” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Carlstadt
Atlanta
“Wont be long to be #1 in Carlstadt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have stayed here so many times. Previously it has been a reliable place to stay. They have completely remodeled, not complete yet, the entire hotel. I can only assume that is for the SuperBowl. However, I wouldnt say a remodel, because the hotel was nice before. What they really did was an update/refresher. They have added great things in the room, new carpet, paint, beds and furniture. Plugs next to the bed, reading lights etc. I reccomend this hotel for it appeal, location and value. I almost always get an upgrade to a suite also, as a platinum member.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi suites are nice!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Flore D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites for your recent stay in Carlstadt NJ. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

It is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed here for two nights during memorial day weekend and it was excellent. They have free wifi, free breakfast and it is a quick bus ride into port authority. ($8.50 round trip)

The bed was so comfortable and i really felt rested after walking for hours in New york city. I am a gold member with HI and they offered a small bottle of water and pretzels when i checked in. I thought it was a lovely touch.

As far as breakfast was concerned, i loved the coffee and they had good creamers but breakfast was somewhat basic. Wish the scrambled eggs did not include bacon. I am vegetarian so couldn't have them :(

I didn't see pancakes on Sunday hope they will make a comeback soon!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Flore D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent visit. We welcome and appreciate your feedback as it certainly helps us to evaluate our service levels and identify areas that may require improvement. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit and found our services and amenities to your liking. Thank you again and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Meadowlands in the near future.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed here for one night in May.

The good:
- Nice and friendly employees
- Rooms were beautiful
- Like the Bath and Body products
- Free parking

The bad:
- Breakfast selection was very good but the quality of the food was not the best

A nice stay and I would happily come back in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We used to stay at the Hampton Inn up the street but the Holiday Inn Express has converted us. We got a newly renovated room that was spectacular. Loved the bendable halogen reading lights on the headboard, the large LED tv was also fantastic, but what converted us were the absolutely incredibly comfortable mattresses! OMG I wish I could have brought it home, it was that comfortable. Never have I had such a good sleep as here. The front desk staff were very accommodating, and the breakfast was plentiful. The only thing I wish is that there was a cut out of the median in front of the hotel to make the walk to the bus a little easier, but its a small price to pay for a great hotel. I have highly recommended this hotel to all my friends for when they visit NY and we are already booked to go back in July!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. Our goal is to create a place for you to relax and recharge. We are happy that your love the bed and it was comfortable to your liking. We value the feedback and use them as a tool to improve ourselves. Base on your feedback I gather the staff to inform them.

Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home. Please stay with us again so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Scranton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here as I have been staying at all IHG properties lately. Holiday Inn Express units specifically.

Hotel is under renovation and some sections are cluttered. The room I was given seemed to be completely remodeled in the last month or 2. It had tons of outlets and was set up around a business traveler. I was Very impressed with it. When I woke up I found coffee still in the pot from the last person in the room. The supplies for it were re-stocked so they had to see it.. 2 of the towels in my room had huge brown splotches on them. I have no clue what it was. I hope they were not dirty towels re-folded and put away. If they missed these messes, What else went uncleaned that I did not catch? Its a shame the rating of this place has to suffer on the account of a lazy member of the housekeeping staff. Do any hotels have someone that re-checks rooms anymore?

Been hitting a good slump with HIE's lately. I think its time to switch to another chain.

Bed was good, Internet was reasonably fast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Flore D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about of the problems that occurred during your stay. I assure you our attention is to make your stay here at the hotel an unforgettable one. Our goal is to create a place for you to relax and recharge. We would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that occur durring your stay. We value the feedback and use them as a tool to improve ourselves. Base on your feedback I gather the staff to inform them. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns.

Middlefield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We made a last minute decision to go to NYC during the spring break 2013 and ofcourse all places were super pricy. I found this Holiday Inn in Carlstedt NJ which was literally a 15 minute bus ride into Penn Station NY. The bus stop was right accross from the hotel and the bus came every 15-20 minutes. We never drove into the city as a result.The rooms were clean, well mainatined and the breakfast was standard continental with pancakes that could be amde by the guests. The electricuty circuit in the breakfast room shot down one morning so none of the devices i.e taoster, pancake maker etc could be used. However the hotel managment quickly responded and took care of the issue. This hotel is located in a quite industrial area walking distance from the Met Life stadium and the IZOD center. I thought that we got a greta value for the price. The bus service was indeed very convenient, timley and comfortable. This would be a place I would consider next time I am visiting NYC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Flore D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
I would like to extend my sincere thanks for having chosen Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands for your recent stay and leaving us such a delightful review. It was indeed our privilege to serve you, we are so proud to have you as our guest. We would love to see you as our regular guest and eagerly waiting to serve you again with most memorable experience. Thank you again for your continuous loyalty to our brand and hope you continue using IHG Hotels for your future travel needs.
Thank You.
Warwick, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for Wrestlemania. The location was a minute away and honestly that would have been good enough.....but the hotel was wonderful. The rooms were just redone. Clearly whoever designed them really thought about what matters to a traveler. Everything was perfect. And the huge LED that roared was a nice touch. Wish we were staying longer!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking time out to write such a nice review. We are happy to hear that we were at your satisfaction during your recent stay with us. We are so delighted that you like the renovations. We strive to provide our guests with best attentive services at a value conscious price. I am glad that we are successful in our efforts to make you most happy. We expect your future stay at our property will be your wonderful recall.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands? Share your experiences!