“Slipshod - Expensive - Noisy” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Carlstadt
West Chester
“Slipshod - Expensive - Noisy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Picked this hotel on a recent business trip because of its proximity to an event. Found the price high compared to other hotels, but gave it a try anyway. Not worth the price.

Checked-in later in the evening, and I was very tired. As I was going up the elevator to my room I realized the front desk had not returned my credit card. OK, shame on my for not remembering sooner so I went back down. Got to the room, which they told me was one of their most quiet. The truck noises roared into the room, so I changed the heater fan to stay on constantly. Didn't quite cover the continuous engine break noises, so I turned-on the TV. TV didn't work. Tried the remote, tried the TV itself, dead. Discovered hat the TV was unplugged at the set, so I performed my own repair.

Next morning the shower was icy cold, but finally warmed-up after several minutes. Hair dryer didn't work because the outlet was tripped; I performed more repair.

If a hotel charges a premium, they should provide premium service. This hotel did not. I've had much better service, sleep and value at the Quality Inn a few miles away.

Room Tip: All room vibrate with trucks on the road.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Flore D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
I really appreciate the time to let us know about the problem that occurred during your stay. I assure you our attention is to make your stay here at the hotel an unforgettable one. Our goal is to create a place for you to relax and recharge.

We value your feedback and use them as a tool to improve ourselves. Base on your feedback I gather the staff to inform them of your concerns. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know your concerns are our concerns.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the holiday Inn Express & Suites. Please stay with us aging so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Taunton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed here for the MSG & IZOD Center Zac Brown Band Shows. VERY easy to find on the back side of the Meadowlands. Beds were harder then I'm used to. Room was VERY clean & quiet. Slept in so I missed out on the free breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Flore D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands, responded to this review, May 22, 2013

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Excellent room, and arranged a roll out bed when requested for $10 which we were happy with. Room comfortable and all had a good nights sleep. Free wifi wasn't working at first but was available during our stay.
Really pleased to have a pool and gym to use. There was no restaurant in the evening but local ones if needed.
Enjoyed the breakfast, mainly as there was plenty of choice and could have as much as we liked.
Good service from Michelle on reception who was able to help us with queries when needed including an extension for late check out. A thumbs up from us.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about of the problems that occurred during your stay. I assure you our attention is to make your stay here at the hotel an unforgettable one. Our goal is to create a place for you to relax and recharge. We value the feedback and use them as a tool to improve ourselves. Base on your feedback I gather the staff to inform them. Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home. Please stay with us again so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Johnstown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Our first trip to NYC, and we are SOOO glad that we booked this hotel. Clean rooms, delicious breakfast, VERY helpful front desk staff and quiet for being so close to Route 17. Worth every penny of our stay. Love teh view of MetLife Stadium. Only knock is the carpeting near the elevators, but that is the thing about having lots of foot traffic at the elevators. The LG television in the room was another perk of staying here. We WILL be back!! thank you Holiday Inn Express Carlstadt!!

Room Tip: Not a bad area in the hotel. The rooms on the entrance side get bright in the mornings, so pull the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Flore D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent visit. We welcome and appreciate your feedback as it certainly helps us to evaluate our service levels and identify areas that may require improvement. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit and found our services and amenities to your liking. Thank you again and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Meadowlands in the near future.
Devon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed in this hotel whilst attending concerts at the Metlife Stadium. On arrival, the Reception staff were offhand and unwelcoming and without informing us slapped on a $200 pre-authorisation on top of the room rate. On enquiry what this was, I was told "for incidentals" considering there are no incidentals available at this Hotel I couldn't understand this, but was then told "in case we trashed the room"! We are in our sixties and our "room trashing" days are over! I found at later that it was, in fact, in case we smoked in the room. We are both non-smokers and have never had this happen before and we have stayed in many hotels within this group. Also, on two mornings when we went to breakfast there were no tables available (only 10 tables in total!!) and no other place to eat - we had to take our food to our room!

I have posted positive reviews about other Holiday Inns but this was a real let down.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are slightly quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I came here because of all the good reviews, but the experience I had was totally different than what I heard. Arrived around 10:30pm and was told by the Asian girl working at the front desk(who did not have any smile on her face) that the room I got was a smoking room. I booked for a nonsmoking king suite, ended up with a nonsmoking standard with two double beds, what the hell?! The girl was like: I don't know what my coworker did but I just came to cover someones shift and that's the only room I have there's nothing I can do but I can give you a spray. I did not want to argue with her so I just took the spray and told her I would like to pay cash for incidental. Next morning I checked my online banking and found out that I got charged for incidental on my credit card too! I was really pissed at what the staff did but Michelle at the front desk was very kind and helpful, she fixed all the mistakes for me and apologized. Our room was clean but the bed left a strong smoking smell on my clothes. Overall, it was a very unpleasant experience for me and I would never ever want to stay here again!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were looking to spend a weekend in NYC without having to break to bank, and by doing so, we started out by staying in New Jersey. For a total of $270 for 2 nights, we made the decision to stay at the H.I Express and what a great move it was. The rooms were clean, the service was wonderful, front desk staff was very helpful, parking was free, free wi-fi, and the free breakfast couldn't be beat. Bacon or sausage - alternated each day, eggs, french toast, waffles, pastries, fruit, cereal, etc... What a deal it was. The cost of a hotel room in NY, in addition to the parking you have to pay, is at least $300 a night, and add on the breakfast - Well, you can see that it is quite a savings.
Taking the bus trip into Manhattan was very easy and convenient. Walk down the street to the bus stop, pay $4.25 per person, and in about 15-20 minutes, you are at the N.Y Port Authority ready to start your NY adventure. The return bus stop is on the opposite side of the street from where you boarded the bus into NYC.

Room Tip: If traveling to NYC by bus, you pay the bus driver $4.25 in cash -- You do not need exact change. Ho...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands? Share your experiences!