“Fun & Free” 4 of 5 stars

Edison, New Jersey
12 attraction reviews
“Fun & Free”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Loved the level and non stressful walking paths. We were just in time the the Monarch Migration, saw may Monarch Butterfly's as well as other species and Moths and a few Woolly Bear Caterpillars.
When we reached the Beach we had it all to ourselves, what a great Park.

Visited October 2013

upstate new york
19 attraction reviews
“such a beautiful and hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is the other Cape May! Relaxing, quiet, a lighthouse, bird watching and butterflies. We love going to the park! Don't miss climbing the stairs to the top of the lighthouse. What a view!

Visited September 2013
Claremont, New Hampshire
159 attraction reviews
“Nice beach, beautiful location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is a great place to enjoy birds, beaches and history. I enjoyed looking at the WWII bunker. One of the highlights of my kids day was seeing a pod of dolphins playing in the waves.

Visited September 2013
Westport, CT
13 attraction reviews
“Great for bird-watching, entry is free”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We visited the park twice during our stay. The access to the beach is free and there is a restroom, although we did not see a changing area since no swimming is allowed. There is a small free museum with live reptiles, exhibits about the area's birds, seashells, horseshoe crabs, marine life, "Cape May diamonds" and erosion along the point. There is a fee to climb the lighthouse, although we did not try that. There is no restaurant, only a food truck.

There is a viewing platform overlooking the marsh, so bring your binoculars for excellent bird-watching opportunities, as well as along the trails through different habitats. Special birdhouses have been installed for purple martins. There are many nature programs in the summer, and the park hosts raptor counts during the fall migration period in September and October.

Visited August 2013
Millville, NJ
11 attraction reviews
“Great place to spend the day listening to the waves crash!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I live a hectic life as the owner of a small business. I like to take what I call "mini-cations" or mini vacations. Just a trip for a day or two, usually during the middle of the week when most people have to work and the crowds are low or non-existent. One of my mottos is "Take a mini-cation before you need some medication!" :-)

Cape May Point State Park is the perfect place to do one of these day trips.

Free! Usually when you say that word there is a but connected with it. However in this case it is the opposite. The free beach here is better than the tags beach in the same area except for the fact that you can't swim in this area. Since the surf is usually rough and I like to go in the fall and spring when the water or wind is cooler, I really don't care about swimming so it doesn't matter. The tag beaches nearby are nice too, but there are not bathrooms provided. So you just get settled in you chair and start to relax when you feel the call of nature. The only place that has a free bathroom in the whole area is this park. So you have to leave the tag beach and make your way here to use the restroom. While not just cut out the middle man.

Huge parking lot that is never full! I have a 34ft Motorhome. I like to drive to this park, park my MH there, and then use it as a base to explore the area via walking or biking. It works great and there is always plenty of room to park here. I have only occasionally seen another MH there, but there is plenty of room to park even if you had one the size of a tour bus.

Beach is awesome! I have been across the US and also all around the Carribean and when I think of what a beach is supposed to be, this is it. You can look for miles in either direction and see a large swath of powdery sand. Sea birds are here and there. Off the shore, almost every time I come and spend the time, I will spot pods of dolphin swimming about 100 yards out.

Bird watching is encouraged and there are long, excellent condition, wooden walkways, ramps and porches from which you can try for your own personal "Big Year".

There are usually some type of portable Ice cream or hot dog stand there as well during the summer so you can get something to snack on if you wish or just ride your bike down to Sunset Beach Grill and enjoy the food there. It is just a short ride.

Come for the day. I guarantee you will come back again.

Visited August 2013