“Cape may point state park” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Parks, State Parks
Attraction Details
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
21 attraction reviews
“Cape may point state park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Recently at on our trip to Cape May we stopped at the Cape May light house. Before we went there we where looking for a good spot to hang out at the beach with the kids. We discovered that you have to pay on most beaches. Not the case here. Because it’s a state park you don’t have to pay. So you can go and check out the light house and walk down to the beach and hang out for the day. There’s no swimming on this section. This is something to consider. But on the beach there’s an old WW2 bunker which makes for some good pictures.

Philadelphia, PA
“Exposed to poison ivy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

I have been going to this park for years and normally enjoy it. It is not super exciting, but pretty and never croweded. It is very peaceful and the World War II bunker and history is interesting. My issue this year is that my family and I briefly walked on one of the wooden platform trails, walked past a sign that said poison ivy right next to the walkway and then turned around. This weekend, my husband and I have been up scratching and itching all night with red spots on our arms and necks! My husband's doctor has confirmed that we have poison ivy. Not cool at all. Why wouldn't that trail be closed?

Visited June 2011
Cape May NJ
“Best kept secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

Wow, what a cool place! they have nature trails, a lighthouse, museum, the beach, a wildlife observation deck. Great place to go birding, or walk a trail. or just pick up a book and lay on the beach reading or playing in the surf. The people are awesome, so friendly and so very helpful. I was lost in the area and needed to know where the sights are, this woman with long dark hair helped my wife and I when we walked to the park from town, she actually gave us a ride back to our hotel 4 miles away since my wife and I are older. This place has picnic area's grills and just about everything to make a fantastic visit to the Jersey Shore and even better "IT'S FREE" PARKING IS FREE TOO! but shhh don't tell everyone about it, it's our little secret!