“Wonderful place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This place has it all. Very nice interior, pleasant, happy, fast waitresses, delicious mouth watering food! I suggest going and enjoying a nice around town place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Skippack, Pennsylvania, United States
“Best Darn Fish Tacos Period!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stopped in on a whim and was immediately greeted so warmly my family and I thought we were at a relatives house for the holidays. It didn't matter they were only 15 minutes from closing (a fact I learned later), service was gracious and prompt. Most of them got breakfast but I opted for the Fish Tacos. Beer-battered grouper nuggets with lettuce, tomato, avacado and an awesome sauce served warm on corn tortilla's. Probably the best I ever had, and didn't give it a second thought (yes it was a breakfast place, but c'mon, its in a shore town with the fish traveling all of 10 miles?). Can't wait to go back to try the pancakes but seems I need to be lucky with the timing, I don't like waiting in line.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cape May, New Jersey
“Simple, perfect breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We have lived in the area for 15 years. Drove by the place hundreds of times. Last Sunday morning my wife and I decided... what the heck. There was a line. There was a wait. There was a reason for the line and the wait. This was simple, perfect breakfast with no fuss. Great pancakes were their claim to fame. I wanted the chipped beef (SOS). I asked my waitress which should I order? She suggested why not get both. Get the chipped beef and a single pancake on the side. I did and now I know that I'll be back (a lot) and get the chipped beef ON the pancakes because they were both excellent. My wife's omelet was equally great. Service was super and friendly. They had a buss boy who was working his butt off taking care of the entire dining room which we got a kick out of. Great coffee and all in a little unassuming country diner. Don't drive by Clary's. Stop in and enjoy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“YUMMY!! Highly Recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

Have driven past this place for years, and decided to give it a try this year based on other reviews here on Trip Advisor. Best blueberry pancakes I ever had! Light and fluffy, not heavy. Hubby had plain pancskes and he loved them too. I had the best crispy bacon ever, and hubby had sausage. We went at lunchtime, but found out they serve breakfast all day, and are known for their pancakes, so had to try them. Want to go back and have some lunch food next time. The crab spinach soup sounded delish!! The place is rustic, nothing fancy, and the wait staff was nice. I plan to make this a Must-go-to place every time we're in the area now!

CT
“Don't go here, it is too busy (just kidding, I want a seat)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Minutes off the parkway, just below exit 10 (I can't recall the actual exit number here). Don't be fooled by the ramshackle exterior. This is a very special place with true 'local' flavor. It is reminiscent of what little local spots were like before the advent of fast food, chain franchises, and 'family restaurants' took over the food world.

Breakfast is great, with most anything you want and all good or better. The only 'problem' is it has been very 'discovered' and is often TOO busy. (You can figure out why...), especially at peak times (parking can be a problem, and you may sit outside a while). If you can't wait, the big diner in Cape May Courthouse is a good alternative and only a few minutes north.

Servers are friendly and do a good job, considering the crowds. "Atmosphere" is 'local cafe' at its best...nothing fancy, just clean hectic, good. Prices are fair, especially considering the resort area prices nearby..

I am sure lunch is good too (daily specials look promising) but we are usually 'late breakfast' people, even after noon. You will have to judge lunches on your own, but I would bet you will still be pleased.

Kudos to the team that owns and runs this place. We need more of them.

• Visited May 2012