“Fresh Seafood” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Parma, Ohio
“Fresh Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

After reading all the positive reviews, we made the trip from swanky Cape May to just north of Cape May Court House on Rt. 47. Rick the proprietor gave us our first try of fresh oysters, just swallow don't chew, a little weird for us. We ordered fresh NJ scallops and NJ fluke. Excellent you can't beat fresh. Lunch for $30. was worth it. This is the off season and we were all by ourselves, except for a few people purchasing for take home.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cape May, New Jersey
“Great seafood and Fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have been buying my fish and seafood at Juniors for three years. Always fresh. I buy to Cook at home. Junior's offers a menu to eat on the premises or take out. Nice outside seating area to eat. Junior's makes the best Cole slaw, parmrsesn crusted grouper . The service is very good. Very clean. If you like to fish, Juniors sells bait to.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
marysville pa
“First time eating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I had been to JR's years ago when he was just a bait shop and sold live crabs. We never ate there as he slowly expanded and then we went to N.C. for 5 years. We returned to Jersey week of Sept 23 -13. His dinner was the best that 4 of us ate the entire week Three of us had the fried seafood combo( flounder, shrimp, scallops, and crab cake) and one had fried shrimp. There was no heavy batter on any of the seafood.The crab cake was all crab and just enough filler to bind things together. I asked Jr for some fishing advice and he was as helpful as ever. If you want "atmosphere" go to Cape May. If you want good quality seafood for a good price, JR's is the place. And remember good food takes time to prepare!
Happy Pappy

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Affordable, Fun & Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

When we pulled up, after following the bizarre directions, we were worried this place would turn out to be a dive. However, we were happy to discover that this little, hidden restaurant is a delicious treasure!
The service was friendly and warm, the prices affordable, the outdoor dining delightful and the food absolutely delicious! Everyone in our group of 8 was blown away at how fresh the seafood was and how fast the service was too. All the food was perfectly cooked and scrumptious!
And now, we cannot speak highly enough of Junior's Seafood!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Great for Takeout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Recently stopped in Juniors for meal. My husband and I had the seafood trio (grouper filet, shrimp and crabcake with baked potato or fries and coleslaw) and bacon wrapped scallops as an appetizer. The food was absolutely fabulous and fresh, but the atmosphere is just average. If you dine in, there are only a few tables and people come in and out frequently for orders... you feel like you are on display. They have outdoor tables, which are covered by a canopy, however, insects could be a problem. I have an issue with bees and that is why I chose to dine indoors. Unfortunately the indoor area is more like a tackle shop with items to purchase if you are going fishing.
I would certainly order "take out" here any time (perfect as a take out seafood place), but if I don't want to eat at home, I would go elsewhere for the decor and esthetics. Our meal again was excellent but for $60.00 f(total cost for my husband and myself), I would prefer to have something other than plastic forks and a paperlined plastic basket.
The reason I gave it a 4 star rating was because the food was SO GOOD... best scallops I have ever eaten and my broiled seafood trio was cooked to perfection.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere