“Beautiful rooms, Perfect location and great rpice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Montreal Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Montreal Beach Resort to your Saves list
Montreal Beach Resort
1025 Beach Avenue, Beach at Madison Avenue, Cape May, NJ 08204 (Formerly Montreal Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 42 hotels in Cape May
Princeton, New Jersey
“Beautiful rooms, Perfect location and great rpice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I booked through AAA travel and got a great price on a 2 room efficiency suite. Great view of the beach from my balcony. The only downside was my room was overlooking the restaurant/bar. Though it was quiet with my windows I was uncomfortable sitting on the balcony. All in all I would definitely stay there again. Great value and clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Lhirsch, Owner at Montreal Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for visiting the Montreal. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Should you plan to return to Cape May, may I suggest that call us a directly and tell the agent what location you would like.

Thank you again!

423 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great place to stay. Can't beat it for the price (for Cape May, which is a little pricey for the Jersey Shore). The Montreal Inn is right on the beach. The bar and restaurant on-site are so convenient. It's not directly in the heart of the historical district, but it's not very far either. The Beach Club is great. Shaquille was a tremendous worker who was friendly and accommodating getting us our chairs, beach umbrellas, etc. He does a great job, as did all the employees we encountered.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Each year we take pride in providing our guest with our Beach Service. I will certainly pass on to our attendant you complimentary comment.
See you soon!!

Montclair, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed with my son at the Montreal Hotel for 4 nights the week before last. We stayed in an 2-room efficiency with an ocean view. The room was clean and very comfortable. It was nice to have the beach amenities, so we didn't have to bring our own chair and umbrella. And, the restaurant was great and staff were so nice. I can't wait to go back next summer!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We know you have a choice in where you can stay and appreciate your positive feedback. We hope to see you again soon!!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Love the renovated rooms. They were very clean including the bathroom. You can't beat the ocean views! The beach is right across the street. Great perk is the Beach Club. You get two complimentary lounge chairs and an attendee will bring them to your chosen spot on the beach! There are umbrella's and cabana' s available for rent as well. Harry's Restsurant offers food and drink service right to your beach chair! We enjoyed ourselves so much we asked the front desk if we could stay an extra night and they were very accomodating and friendly! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you!!! Isn't wonderful to just sit back and be pampered? We are happy to hear you enjoyed our Beach Service and we plan to continue to improve on it each year.

Thanks!!!
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I want to thank the Montreal Inn for saving my vacation! I booked a room at another hotel but was later told they were overbooked for the first night. This hotel contacted the Montreal Inn which gave me a one bedroom suite for one night and access to all of the Inn's amenities, for the price of the regular room I had booked at the other hotel.

I was very surprised when I checked in and gave them my name to be greeted effusively and given a welcome packet with my name on it and the manager's name in case I needed anything. Check in only took two minutes, with a reminder to let them handle any issues arising from the change. Hands down, this is some of the best customer service I have had.

After that warm welcome, I was thrilled with the room! Parking is in the back (and it is as tight as others have said) with direct access to your room from the parking lot. As we walked in, there was a bedroom with a Queen size bed, a flat screen tv and large closet. Next was an updated kitchenette with granite counters. Then, a spacious bathroom and finally, a living room with another flat screen tv, a 4 person breakfast bar and a love seat/sleeper sofa that turned into a full size bed. The room was absolutely spotless! Maid service was fast and of excellent quality. The whole hotel really shines.

The rooms on the First floor open directly onto a patio right next to the pool. This is perfect for parents of little kids who want fast access to the pool. But not so good for those who want to keep their curtains open, but still have privacy. We decided that since the room was so nice, the patio, which is a very generous size, was not a problem.

The hotel is home to Harry's Ocean Bar & Grille, a really nice restaurant where we had a good lunch, as well as a nice pool bar with a good guitar player (Jimmy Buffet tunes!) and delicious drinks (great non-alcoholic Strawberry Daiquiris).

The hotel is also attached to a pleasant liquor store. It's not obtrusive, but convenient.

The hotel is across the street from the beach at the quieter end of Cape May. I'm glad we stayed here, there was a fun atmosphere on the beach but it never felt crowded.

The hotel provides beach tags for everyone in the room (return them at the end of your stay to avoid a charge) as well as two beach chairs per room (until 5:00 pm), that the hotel sets up for you. This is a $25.00 value. To me, it's worth more than that since I didn't have to lug chairs in the back of my car and across the beach. Additional chairs, umbrellas and Cabanas are available for rent on the beach. The hotel also offers food at the beach from Harry's Ocean Bar & Grille, which they bring to your chair.

I can't say enough about this hotel. Great customer service, friendly, well situated and a good value. Thank you again to everyone at the Montreal Inn!

Room Tip: Do not choose room 116: the patio is so small, and in a walkway. Other first floor rooms open dire...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind and generous comments. Can I offer you a position as our marketing person?

Again Thank you
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed here for the first time in August with our 10 week old infant and 4 year old and it was wonderful. It is a very family-friendly hotel, right across from the beach. You get the use of 2 beach chairs for free. Umbrella and cabanas can be rented at a cost. We loved the heated pool. My only complaint about the pool area was that there aren't any umbrellas for shade. Pool could have been a bit warmer. Having Harry's and the bar on-site make you really feel like you're on vacation. We stayed in a one bedroom suite. The reason I chose Montreal Inn was because rooms were recently updated. They are very nicely done. We had a nice kitchenette with full size fridge. There are granite countertops in bathroom and kitchenette. My son slept well on the pullout sofa. The bedroom area is a bit tight, especially with the pack 'n play. King sized bed was comfy. Overall, we had a great 4 night stay and would definitely recommend it and return in the future.

Room Tip: Pick a room on a higher floor for an amazing ocean view
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My family was returning from NYC to the DC area when my wife insisted we go to the beach. We were able to book a last minute room for one night at the Montreal Inn (turned out to be their last available). I wish we could have stayed longer. We ended up on the 4th floor in the corner near their sundeck. From the outside this place is nothing special. The rooms however are quite nice. They were renovated a couple years ago and it shows. They were clean and well put together. The beds were large and clean. We ended up with 2 queens which was more than enough room for 4 of us. The bathroom was very nice with granite counters and nice tile. Most importantly the shower was clean enough that I didn't mind washing my kids in it. I also appreciated how honest they were with their descriptions of the views from the room. They told us partial ocean view so I assumed that meant in the perfect light with my head craned over the balcony I might see a splash of water but it was truly a partial view.

The hotel is situated across the street from the beach. They have a beach hut there where you can rent umbrellas ($10/day) or little hut things ($25 or $65/day depending on the size). Chairs they will setup for you at no cost. The beach was very clean and dragged over every night so it was almost new every morning. They will also serve you food directly on the beach at very reasonable prices from the hotel restaurant which is super convenient when you're chasing your kids around. The hotel pool is a bit small but very clean and nice. My daughter loved it. The hotel is 15min walk to the downtown shopping area

The most convenient (for adults at least) thing is their liquor store right on the premises. The store is open till late and is very reasonably priced. A great place to stay, I'm sure we'll be returning.

Room Tip: The upper rooms are a bit more private.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Montreal Beach Resort? Share your experiences!