“Fantastic weekend!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 42 hotels in Cape May
Vineland
“Fantastic weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

This past weekend I had the privilege to stay at one of cape mays finest hotels. Me and my girlfriend stayed the weekend and we enjoyed everything about it. The cleanliness was remarkable and you can tell that they know what their doing. The staff made me feel so welcomed and were there for me and my girlfriend whenever we may of needed something with a smile. The location is beautiful and with a hotel of this high of a caliber it only provides a better experience. I truly would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay at a beautiful hotel in one of America's most beautiful cities. Thankyou Gwen and the staff for making this past weekend unforgettable :)

• Stayed October 2013

250 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Green Brook, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Just returned from a weekend trip to Cape May where we stayed at the Heritage Inn. My wife and I were very happy with the accomodations and the staff. The Heritage offers great value and location. Room was large and clean with a nice view of the beach and ocean. Just what one would expect from a beach vacation but Cape May is more than just the beach. And the Heritage is located perfectly whereby a guest can easily access all that the area offers. We plan on returning to the Heritage next year as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Pitman, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

As a small family group we were in Cape May for Octoberfest, renting two rooms at the Heritage Inn. To start... ABC had the only functioning channel on the TV. Not a word of complaint from us. In the middle of the first night the toilet overflowed. We used all our towels to suck up the mess and avoid damage to the room underneath. At 830am I phoned the emergency number on the office door....thinking this needed immediate attention. In the meantime I wash my hair and discover the hair dryer is not working, nor is my DIL's dryer next door working. Ugh!! Shortly thereafter a gentleman arrived to plunge the toilet. Approx. 10 minutes later the manager arrived. I quite calmly and reasonably shared my complaints with her. I happen to state that I felt I was in a Motel Six. Suddenly it was as though a screen dropped over her face and she began to verbally assault me. I kid you not. Demanding that my group check out by ten am or she was phoning the police. Incredulous is the only word to describe how I felt. The others in my group were out doing yoga on the beach. She followed me into the room and continued the tirade by the sink area. She even used the [--] word. I kid you not. I am 61 years in never in my life would I have imagined to be in this situation. I felt very threatened and unsafe. I asked her to please go ahead and phone the police. Thankfully at this time my family members arrived back from yoga. My nieces were shocked to arrive and hear the manager screaming at their aunt......
For some reason the manager recanted and told my sister in law we could remain for the last night. To avoid a major inconvenience and knowing we would only be returning to sleep...we stayed. I will never return to the Heritage Inn. Should be called the Bates Hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Gwen F, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
The Heritage Inn will not respond to your review. We have built a strong customer base of repeat customers and new customers. The reviews that you and your group have written will be seen as transparent and vindictive. Our guests return year after year enjoying the hospitality of the Heritage Inn. Having been offered a full refund for you and your "friends" I am not sure why you would have stayed when you stated that there were plenty of other rooms in Cape May?
Rockaway Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I highly recommend the Heritage Inn. My family and I have been staying there for the past few years. The location is great! The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We look forward to coming back next year!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

West York, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Have stayed here 3 years now and will return next summer. Convenient location to beach and attractions. Clean room but nothing fancy. Friendly and accommodating staff. I highly recommend the Heritage Inn.

Room Tip: Third floor has best view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

My family and I have been staying at the Heritage Inn for years now. I highly recommend this hotel if your planning on staying in Cape May. The location is great! It's directly across from the beach and walking distance to the mall and many restaurants! The owners are full of hospitality. If you are not familiar with the area, they will be more than happy to give you some great places to go. We definitely will be staying here the next time we travel to Cape May!

• Stayed September 2013
Lititz
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This hotel was listed as a 3 star hotel. I would rate it as a 2 star hotel. The location is great. You can walk to all the tourist destinations - shopping, eating, beach, ... The staff is fairly friendly. However, the room was definitely dated. There was no phone, no clock, no hand towels, no shampoo (I was told to go to a nearby store when I inquired about shampoo at the office.) The TV was very small and old. The room was noisy - the air conditioner made lots of noise every time it came on, and we could hear our neighbors walking, talking, and getting in and out of bed. The parking lot is about a block away. I would find another place to stay next time I visit Cape May.

Room Tip: I would go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!