“Cannot Wait to Go Back.” 4 of 5 stars

Heritage Inn
721 Beach Avenue, Cape May, NJ 08204   |
Ranked #17 of 42 Hotels in Cape May
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Cannot Wait to Go Back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

So sad to be home after another fantastic stay at the Heritage Inn. We have stayed here a number of years and this will always be our home when we come to Cape May. The Staff Barbara, Gwen and Mark make you feel at home and tell you right from the get go if there are any problems to let them know. They do many things to make you feel welcome (Thanks for the Rita's coupons Mark!). They are always available and willing to help. The rooms are clean and spacious. We stayed on the third floor with a great view. Emma, ( the cleaning lady) is great and will do what she can to make your stay comfortable. The pool is clean and on the rare occasion you may find sand in it. I mean we are at the beach.............I know I contributed my fair share of sand in the pool cause I came across the street from the beach every night and had a swim. The pool was so refreshing. The ice machine is on the 1st floor but heck it is always full. We parked our car for 9 days and never had to use it to get places. Everything is conveniently located near by. We look forward to our stay at the Heritage every year and when we pull it we say "Hello, we are home!"

Room Tip: Although there is a nice sundeck on the top the rooms that face the beach on the third floor rock.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Garfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Unfortunately I had to end my stay here almost 24 hours early due to a personal situation but overall the room is decent. It is not a high end five star hotel but nor was I looking for one. The rates here are also reasonable for a place across from the beach. My only compliant would be that the room I stayed in had a handicap shower which floods the entire bathroom, as there is no barrier between the shower floor and the bathroom floor. Overall not a big deal as I enjoyed my stay while I was there. It was unfortunate I had to leave early. Would definitely go back.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
BlueDallas, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your complimentary review. And we appreciate your information regarding the handicapp bathroom. We did just have that bathroom installed as required by the state and I agree with you that the water on the floor is an issue. As mandated we are not allowed to have a lip off the shower as a wheelchair has to be able to access the shower. However, we are going to have the floor pitched properly this fall so that the water flows directly into the drain provided. Again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having you return to the Heritage Inn.
Astoria, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I don't understand how people rate this place as being nice. The only nice thing about it is that its right across the street from the beach...the rooms was clean but very, very old!! The bathroom I would say was even disgusting!!! So dated and old....there were dead bug marks all over the walls, and I found ants on the night table. They crawled all over my phone. For the price I paid, I think I got ripped off...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BlueDallas, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
You say "never again", I say thank the heavens for small blessings. I can only hope that you find happiness at another establishment....
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We've stayed here 8 years in a row and plan to continue. Pricy during the peak of summer, but good when you can get in before the season. The rooms have always been very clean, although we did have ants on the vanity during our June visit this year. The location is ideal for the beach and for walking everywhere. We've made many good memories here.

Room Tip: Avoid getting the room directly over the office, as you sometimes hear the phone ring.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Cornwall-on-Hudson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was our first stay at The Heritage inn. We decided to book here because of its location to the beach even though some reviews weren't so comforting. Our experience was very good. When I called to ask questions and make changes to the reservation, I was greeted with warm, friendly, and accommodating voices. When we arrived, it was the same. The Inn is a family run business and they all take great pride in it. We would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Budd Lake, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Heritage Inn, for the first time last weekend. We are so in love with the place! We had only a short time, and everyhing was perfect. Easy, convenient, very clean and the nicest experience. When I got there, I had an injured foot, my husband went inside and I stayed in the car, while he checked in. The lady from office came out to me and offered me her cane, for the weekend!! I was so very touched, by her kindness. It turned out to be one of our best getaways, ever!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

This was our first time at The Heritage Inn, and we loved it! The room was spotless, and the Inn has the best location in Cape May. We had our two children, 6 and 4, and we walked everywhere. We will definitely be back, because staying with Gwen and Mike is like staying with family!

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!