“Romantic B&B with exquisite views and food to match.” 5 of 5 stars

Rhythm of the Sea
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1123 Beach Avenue, Cape May, NJ 08204   |
Ranked #33 of 49 Cape May B&B and Inns
New York
“Romantic B&B with exquisite views and food to match.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

Rhythm of the Sea is by far our favorite Bed & Breakfast in Cape May. Initially drawn to its proximity to the beach, we have made it an annual trip. The rooms are well done, and the bed is perfect excuse for a late afternoon nap. Breakfast in the morning is always excellent and they are extremely accommodating. Wolfgang, Robyn and Julie make the total experience wonderful.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

After reading the wonderful reviews about the inn, I could not wait to stay with my husband for a little getaway. Unfortunately, we had to cancell due to an unexpected surgery my son has scheduled. When I called to cancell 3 weeks prior to our arrival, the inn Keeper told me I will be charged $35. I explained to her that when I made the reservation she told me I had up to two weeks to cancell without penalty. Robyn, the Asst. Inn Keeper then responded "YOUR A TWIT" and hung up on me!!!!!!!! I called her back to commend her on the way she conducts business and she hung up on me again!!! Maybe she had a bad day but boy oh boy! I have never been called a twit before!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Douglas, Isle of Man, GB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

Wonderful room, brilliant breakfasts, location second to none. Robyn and Wolf are such gracious and fun hosts and make you feel so welcome and relaxed with a thoughtfully and extremely tastefully decorated Inn. Nothing was too much effort for both of them and their assistant Julie. Right on the beachfront, so easy for both the beach and also other attractions. Cape May is a must to visit. If only B&Bs were so cosy in Britain!!
Will be back for another visit soon.

Voorhees,NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

I stayed at Rhythm of the Sea for a respite from a busy schedule.
It was perfect. The inn was beautiful and impeccably maintained. The owners and hostess were wonderful; very helpful and hospitable without being intrusive. The location was great. The beach entrance was across the street and the inn was far enough from other venues to be very quiet and private.
I was traveling alone and the inn and location were secure and safe. There were other solo travelers and the atmosphere was comfortable.
The breakfasts and afternoon snacks were delicious.
No detail was overlooked.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

We wanted time away from the busy stress filled days. We found it at Rhythms. Our accommodations were the best. They are located on the ocean front, within walking distance of anything you may need. We enjoyed the bicycles, the beach towels and the outdoor shower house. We did not need to bring anything for our time on the beach except our tanning lotion. Bring a desire to enjoy the sun, the people, and food. This is the best B&B in town.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

cannot say enough good about this wonderful Bed and Breakfast! From the moment we arrived and were greeted warmly, we felt right at home-any question we had and need that arrose was taken care of. The breakfasts were truly superb-beautifully presented, and delicious with a healthy touch. The rooms-clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated.

Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

I finally got that new job!! My husband couldn't take any time off so I decided to give myself a "pre-job" treat and booked 3 nights at the Rhythm of the Sea. Being a solo traveler can at times be daunting but not at Rhythm. Breakfast was a shared event and I got to know several couples and other solo travelers. It was a great way to start the day with all of us sharing the activities from the day before. The pool table was a conversation area as was the gorgeous porch. However for those of us who just wanted to read, walk, beach it, or generally "chill" it was perfect. No cruise activity director here. There was ljust ots of time and space to share with others or be on your own. I'd highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

Been to Rhythm of the Sea? Share your experiences!