“Relaxing Destination and Model B&B” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 47 Cape May B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Virginia
“Relaxing Destination and Model B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Spent 2 nights at this lovely and relaxing inn over a rainy weekend. Stayed in the Queen Victoria room on first floor. The room was nicely appointed with everything you could want (including a small fridge) and a 2-person shower. It's a 2 block walk to the beach (too rainy and cold for us) and 3 blocks to the pedestrian mall - couldn't be more convenient.

Fabulous breakfasts (loved the stuffed french toast) and tea-time snacks. We enjoyed the conversations with other guests and relaxing in the commons' areas while reading or chatting.

Maria (reception) and Doug (one of the owners) were fabulous and made us feel very welcomed and comfortable. Such warmth and gracious attention. Theirs is the model upon which all B&B hosts should be modeled!

Room Tip: My only complaint about the Queen Victoria room is the noise from the hallway (the door from this ro...
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thanks for this very nice review Nan. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Cape May and The Queen Victoria so much. It was really a pleasure meeting you and David during your weekend stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed your breakfast experience with us. The Stuffed Baked French Toast is my favorite dish that we serve at breakfast. I have LOTS of favorite Tea Goodies, I'm afraid.

I'm sorry that you were bothered by noise in the hallway. I'm glad that it didn't diminish your experience.

I hope that we'll get to see you again one of these days soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I’ve been vacationing at the Queen Victoria for the better part of
25 years! It has been my go-to first-choice place to relax and “exhale”
nearly every spring and fall. And I’ve even stayed there several times
over the cold never-ending winter, knitting in front of the fireplace
in the parlor. A week at the beach staying at the Queen Victoria is
restorative in luxurious, beautiful, and Victorian surroundings. The
sumptuous breakfast fare is just scrumptious! And if that wasn’t enough
food, afternoon tea is elegant, topped off with sweet and savory
surprises each afternoon. I’ve always enjoyed chatting with the guests,
the owners, and the staff, who are all ready to give suggestions,
advice, and a helping hand.

Sandi in New York

Room Tip: There are all sorts of beautiful rooms, depending on how many are in your group.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thanks so much Sandi. It was truly a pleasure seeing you again last week. I'm glad you enjoyed your off-season return visit The Queen Victoria. Cape May really is wonderful in every season and it is perhaps at its relaxing best in the cooler months (though a day sleeping on the beach in the summer is hard to top). I hope that we'll get to see you again soon.

Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed at the Queen Victoria in the Gilbert and Sullivan room for our 40th wedding anniversary this weekend and had a wonderful time. The innkeepers are marvelous,very hands on and all of the staff make you feel right at home. The room was comfortable with a fireplace, love seat and cozy accommodations. The breakfasts and afternoon teas are superb. The inn is close to everything. We walked to the Washington inn for dinner. It snowed Sunday night and one of the staff helped me clean my car. I will definitely be back.

QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thanks Mike! We're honored that you and Diana chose The Queen Victoria for your 40th Anniversary celebration. I'm glad it was a good one for you. I'm sorry you caught one of our rare snowstorms, but it sounds like it didn't phase you much. I'm pleased that my staff helped dig you out.

I hope that we'll have an opportunity to see you again soon. Maybe a birthday celebration next time? Any excuse will do for return trip to The Queen Victoria & Cape May!

Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is our second trip to the Queen Victoria for a long quiet weekend in beautiful Cape May. The Queen Victoria is a charming well maintained property within walking distance to Cape May's "downtown", the ocean & Convention Center. Not only is this in charming and well maintained but the owners and staff could not do more to make you feel at home. Kudos to Ann Marie & Doug for assembling a wonderful staff to match a wonderful venue.

Room Tip: If you can book the Osborne room it is a charmer but also very popular with frequent guests.
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thanks so much for posting this great review Richard. We were so pleased that you and Pat decided to return for another visit with us this year. After reading your other Cape May reviews it looks like you both really enjoyed your visit and your dining experiences (except for that one) in Cape May. I'm also glad that the concert was a hit for you. Our new convention center is a great venue, and we're excited about all the great acts that are being booked into it.

Thanks again!

Coatesville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We are so glad we chose the Queen Victoria B&B for our 50th birthday celebration. We opted for their gourmet dining package and what with our meal at the Lobster House, the beautifully decorated Victorian buildings that are all part of the QV, (we explored the common areas of all four), the fantastic breakfasts and afternoon teas, we have wonderful memories now of our first trip to Cape May. Our lovely room was spotless and the bed was extremely comfortable. The amenities provided in each room included bath salts and lip balm. Our hosts and their staff were VERY hospitable and in chatting with them, we could see how much they enjoyed sharing their inn with us. We were there midweek, many establishments weren't open, but the ones that were weren't busy, so we had the town to ourselves. We've booked our room for next year already.

QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
I'm so glad that your first visit to Cape May and The Queen Victoria was a great one. It was a pleasure to meet you both and share in your "50th" celebration. We're thrilled that you've already reserved a room for next year!

Like you, many of our guests have found that they love the quiet, peaceful nature of Cape May during the winter months. This winter has been a particularly brutal one by our standards, yet even at that, there are wonderful things to do, great restaurant in which to dine, and a good time to be had every day of the week.

Thanks again for choosing The Queen Victoria for your celebration. I hope it will be the first of many visits here.

Glenside, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

The Queen Victoria is beautifully decorated. When you walk through the front door, you are taken back in time to an era of charm and decadence. The entire staff was friendly and went above and beyond to make us feel at home. The breakfast gathering was tasty, and we enjoyed visiting with other guests (though we could have dined alone if we had preferred). We stayed in the King Edward suite for only one night, but left feeling as though we had been away for a long weekend. So looking forward to returning for another getaway soon.

• Stayed February 2014
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Thanks so much Nicole. I'm glad that your quick visit to The Queen Victoria was a good one. The King Edward suite really is a special room; one of my favorites. I usually recommend a longer stay, but I know that there is something about Cape May (and The Queen Victoria, I hope) that is just so relaxing. I think that it is like stepping back to a simpler time, if even for a day, which is really refreshing.

I hope that you guys do get to return for another visit soon.

Ellicott City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

If your first visit to a B&B is at the Queen Victoria, the bar will be set extraordinarily high for any others you plan to visit. We stayed at The Queen Victoria last weekend and found it to be truly exceptional! Right from our initial view of the exterior our expectations were exceeded. We were greeted by Maria who was friendly, helpful and a delight. She provided great information on restaurants and points of interest and we were not disappointed with her recommendations.

Our room was spotlessly clean and very well maintained and appointed. There was great attention to detail. I especially like the inclusion of a pot of lip moisturizer along with lotions, bath salts etc. in the bath products. Because the bath/shower soap was such a high quality and good size bar, they also provided a little bag in which to take it home at the end of the stay, The bed was very comfortable. Turn down service and chocolates were provided each night and there was a lovely guest pantry in which coffee, tea, juice, soda and water were available at no additional charge. Every afternoon at 4:00 there is a lovely tea with special sweets, spreads and of course very fine tea. Breakfast is very filling and very good, home made casserole, granola (so good), cakes, muffins, yogurt, fruit etc-- a fine morning repast.

Doug and Ann Marie, the proprietors, are terrific! They both are very friendly and charming! They have also done a fine job in employing a staff that understands quality service.

The Queen Victoria is very well located. We could walk easily to most places in the historic area and the pedestrian mall. The only time we needed our car was to visit the light house and go to the winery. The B&B is also walking distance to the beach.

If you are looking for a special and/or romantic getaway, this is the place! We enjoyed our stay so much, we have booked another one. I highly recommend the Queen Victoria. It's really very special.

Room Tip: We liked the Knightbridge room as it was quiet and off of the upstairs deck/patio.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you so much for posting such a detailed, thoughtful review. It really is one of the nicest reviews I can every imagine receiving. Reading it made me want to stay here! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us. I'm also very pleased that you noticed all of the little things we do to try to make your stay perfect. It is gratifying to know that they are working as we hoped.

I hope that we'll have the opportunity to see you again soon. Even if you can't get back into Knightsbridge, we've got lots of other rooms that I know you would love.

Doug

Been to The Queen Victoria? Share your experiences!