“Lovely B&B in the perfect location” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   102 Ocean Street, Cape May, NJ 08204   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 49 Cape May B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Lovely B&B in the perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was our fisrt trip to Cape May. First off, the town is beautiful and very walkable. The Queen Victoria is perfectly situated a couple of blocks from the beach and a couple of blocks from the pedestrian mall. There are numerous wonderful restaurants nearby as well. Doug and Ann Marie are great hosts. The room was clean and nicely appointed. Great A/C and ample hot water. Sincerely appreciated the "pantry" with bottled watter, coffee, and wine glasses to borrow. Sitting on the front porch in the evenings felt like going back in time.

QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to post this review. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your first visit to Cape May and The Queen Victoria so much. I have to agree with you about our location. The Queen Victoria really is located in the heart of town, close to everything, but still quiet and private. I'm glad that you took advantage of the pantries and enjoyed all complimentary beverages. It is nice to know that the value we provide with the free beverages, bicycles, beach chairs, and all the other amenities we provide is appreciated. I hope that we'll get to see you again soon on a return trip to Cape May.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Waldwick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

What a wonderful long weekend. We certainly agree that the Queen Victoria is beautiful and clean with a great breakfast and tea. Their guest friendly attitute is what really sets them apart. Bicycles, beach chairs, towels, bottled water are all available without a hassle. Need an a shower and changing room to help you take full advantage of an early arrival or late departure? No problem. The owners and staff go out of their way to make your stay covenient and stress free. This is our new home in Cape May.

QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thanks for the great review RIck. We're proud to be your new home in Cape May. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. It is easy to be guest friendly when your guests are friendly. We want everybody's visit to The Queen Victoria to be relaxed, convenient, stress-free and totally enjoyable. I'm glad yours was. We're looking forward to seeing you next time!
Monroeville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Wonderful place. Very nice place, food, people. We got there a little early and they let us check into our room. The free use of bicycles was a big plus; there were always two available each time we wanted to ride. Very close to the beach with complimentary towels and chairs to use. Food at breakfast and at tea time was excellent. Very nice stay!

QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thanks for the review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit to The Queen Victoria. I'm also pleased that you enjoyed our bikes so much. It is such a great way to explore Cape May. With a fleet of 16 of them, it is a rare day when you can't grab a couple of them and go for a ride any time of day. Thanks for the compliments on the food too. I hope that you'll come back and visit us again soon!
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I'm writing this review from the balcony of the King Edward Suite at the House of Royals. This is my fourth stay at The Queen Victoria and we look forward to coming back each year. I'm always impressed with the staff, service and amenities, but I was blown away this time when, with the Inn fully booked, people lined up and needing assistance from both Doug and Anna Marie, I asked Doug as he was passing by if I could order a cheese plate. The only thing he knew about me was that I had just checked in to the King Edward Suite. I half expected that it might slip his mind because things seemed hectic at that moment and I wouldn't have been upset if he had forgotten, but the cheese plate arrived in our room this evening, just in time for our visit to the winery tomorrow! This is just one indication of how well the staff and innkeepers of this multi-building inn take care of their guests. Quality and service are the hallmarks of this beautiful place. We highly recommend it..

Room Tip: Have stayed in Kew Garden twice, Regents Park and most recently, King Edward. All were great, but R...
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thanks for the wonderful review Barbara. I don't usually get singled out like that in reviews. You've added a bounce to my step today! To be honest, I almost blew it on the cheese tray, as it took me a few minutes of reflection to remember what room the cheese tray was for an hour later when I had a chance to get back to it. Thanks so much for making The Queen Victoria your Cape May destination so many times. We truly appreciate and value your patronage.
Middletown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed at the House of Royals room for a few days the last week of January.

Positives
1) Service was very friendly. They have a print out of all the restaurants, with phone numbers, whether they are BYOB and whether they are walking distance from the B&B. Very helpful. Service assisted in making a reservation at the Washinton Inn.

2) Room was clean with a good window view. They turn down your sheets at night

3) Breakfast was good. Great if you are looking for a decent meal at your leisure. It gives you the flexibility of eating early so you can get on the beach, or taking your time. We have stayed at other B&Bs where the breakfast is communal. Both options have their merit, but if you are a beach person/early riser this may be your better option

4) Location is excellent. One block from the beach. One block from Washington Street.

Negatives

1) No parking - I did see that some of the rooms have parking spaces. And, to be honest, the lack of parking was not an issue for us (we are in our early 30's). However, I could see this being a concern for some couples. But, to be honest, we parked are car and left it in it's spot until we left. The service explained the streets that had free parking. Once we found a spot, we were good.

Overall: excellent stay. Highly recommend it if you are looking for a flexible breakfast and do not mind parking on the street

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to post this review. I'm glad that you liked your room. Cleanliness is HUGE for us, and I'm glad you noticed/appreciated it. I'm also pleased that you enjoyed our breakfasts. Many of our guests agree with you about the individual seating, which is why we offer the choice of dining rooms, some with communal seating and some without. I'm also glad that the parking worked out OK for you. Our great location, right in the heart of the historic district, means that we don't have a lot of space for parking (they didn't worry about that in 1880 when they built these homes). Thankfully, it usually only takes about 5 minutes to find free parking in the surrounding residential neighborhood. As you mentioned, once you've parked your car you rarely have need of it since everything is literally within walking distance. I hope you'll be returning for another visit soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

My mom and i stayed at the Queen Victoria for 3 nights and we had a wonderful time! The bed and breakfast is beautifully decorated and immaculately clean and tidy. The location of the Queen Victoria is perfect (a short walk to the shops and the beach) The hotel staff was very friendly. The innkeepers were extremely friendly as well, they chatted with everyone during breakfast and tea time and were very personable. (What lovely people!) The breakfast each morning was so delicious and had many unique kinds of breads and muffins (all homemade!) My mom and i also looked forward to the tea time each day at 4:00. They served coffee, tea, crackers with homemade spreads, and cookies/ cakes.

The Queen Victoria has many front porches to sit on; my mom and i enjoyed sitting on the porch each afternoon and at nighttime. The Queen Victoria also provided us with beach chairs, towels, bikes, and a 24 hour coffee and tea station.

Overall, we had a wonderful time and i cant see myself staying anywhere else in Cape May! It is such a welcoming place and we felt at home there. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2013
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
What a lovely review. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with the T/A community. I'm thrilled that you and your mom enjoyed your visit to The Queen Victoria so much. My wife Anna Marie and I truly enjoy getting to spend time with our guests and I'm glad that you enjoyed it too. I'm glad you felt so at home here that you can't consider staying anywhere else! Think of The Queen Victoria as your 2nd home. We'll take care of it until your next visit to Cape May, which I hope is soon!
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My daughter and I just returned from a three night stay here, a mother-daughter mini vacation. We stayed in the Lillie Langtree room in the main building. This was my second visit, and it was just as good as my first. The house is immaculate, the owners and staff are kind and friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the many amenities offered -- pantries open and stocked 24/7 with bottled water, soda, juice, coffee and tea available 24 hrs., use of bicycles, beach chairs and towels, afternoon tea with delicious goodies, amazing breakfasts. It is so enjoyable to choose a porch to relax on and watch the world go by. You really are made to feel right at home, with use of the parlors and sitting areas. The location is perfect! We'll be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hi Debra. It was really a pleasure seeing you again and getting to meet Christine. I'm glad that your return visit to The Queen Victoria was as nice for you as your first one. Cape May is such a great town for "girls getaways". I'm am glad that you and your daughter enjoyed it so much. Thanks for commenting on our housekeeping and amenities. We want every visit for every guest to be perfect. I hope yours was.

I hope we get to see you again soon!

Doug

Been to The Queen Victoria? Share your experiences!