“Treated like Royalty” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 49 Cape May B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Treated like Royalty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our second annual trip to Cape May and The Queen Victoria was wonderful! We were welcomed warmly by the staff and shown to our beautiful room. The room was decorated beautifully and was warm and inviting. The attention to detail and decoration in every room you visit is amazing. The innkeeper's love of their property is more than apparent. The staff is more than willing to help you plan events such as day trips or help in making dinner reservations. We love the "royal" treatment the Queen Victoria gives to every guest.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to post this review. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your second visit to The Queen Victoria so much. We do love our property, but to be honest, we love our guests more. One of the great pleasures of this business is sharing our home with our guests who truly appreciate it. Thanks so much for coming back to stay with us again. I hope we'll see you again soon!

764 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Bear, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I loved my first stay at The Queen Victoria! The room I stayed in was spacious, eloquent, updated in old fashioned charm, and very clean! I found myself wanting to explore every corner of the Inn to examine and view the past that was put right into my hands. The attention to detail is amazing down to the little porcelain clawed tub that sat on the sink with soaps in it. (by the way, the best little assortment of soap, shampoo, conditioner, lip balm, etc. (with another extra something I have never received in a stay anywhere) as I said very eloquent. I loved it! The breakfast served was delicious and cooked with a twist (visually) that added to the excellent flavor. At tea time, Doug and Anna stayed with their quests telling tails of old stories of the the area, the Inn's beginning, and great places to eat dinner (this includes calling in reservations for you). I could go on and on and I will go back and back. Wonderful, relaxing time. I came to do some work, and left relaxed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thanks so much for this wonderful review Ellyn. I'm so glad that your working trip to The Queen Victoria was a special one for you. It was a pleasure meeting you and sharing our inn with you. I'm pleased that you enjoyed all of our amenities and the little touches at the inn. We've tried to think of everything that our guests might want or need. I hope we'll have the pleasure of your company again soon.
Sadsburyville,Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We love our visits to the Queen Victoria,and I say visits because my husband and I keep coming back to the Queen Victoria. I've lost count of how many times we have stayed at the Queen Victoria ,but I have not forgotten the excellent service and warm welcome that we always receive. Our last visit was this past weekend(February 8th-10th). There is something about the beach in winter. We love this quiet time. No crowded beach but the beautiful serenity of the ocean . And after enjoying the short walk to the beach there is nothing better than returning to the Queen Victoria for some coffee, hot tea ,or hot chocolate which are always available in the pantries in each of the buildings. Breakfast at the QV is delicious. It is served buffet style with enough choices to please everyone. Doug and Anna Marie(the innkeepers) pour the coffee in the dining rooms and engage the guests in lively conversations. We have met so many nice people as we sat around the large dining room table. However, if you prefer a cozier breakfast with your significant other there are tables for two in the parlors.
We have stayed in several different rooms and liked them all. The Prince of Wales room in the QV building is a favorite of ours. It's roomy and has a sitting area with windows that give you a glimpse of the ocean. There's a beautiful claw foot tub in the bathroom but because it is so deep it might be a problem for some people getting in and out.
The staff is wonderful and always so pleasant and helpful. And Doug and Anna Marie have set the bar so high that when you enter the QV you feel like you are entering the home of friends... and you are. Once you visit the Queen Victoria I'm sure you will return again and again as my husband and I have.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thanks for the wonderful review. I'm so happy that you enjoyed this most recent visit with us. I agree that Cape May is just as wonderful in the Winter as it is in the warmer months. It sounds like you've really figured out how to maximize the experience.

Thanks for making The Queen Victoria your home away from home while you're in Cape May. We honestly want you to feel like The Queen Victoria is your 2nd home (the one that you don't have to maintain or worry about).

I hope we'll get to see you again soon.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We recently stayed at the QV to celebrate a big birthday. This was our first visit to a B&B and we couldn't have been happier. The entire staff treated us like we had been there many times before. What sets TQV apart is the attention to detail. The QV buildings are all spotless. Everything is decorated as it should be giving a welcoming feeling of home no matter which room you chose. They even have custom mattresses and pillows. Sleeping on a cloud is the best way to describe it. I usually have a lot of trouble falling asleep in someone else's bed. Not this time. I was out like a light. Anna Marie, to put it simply, is up-to-date on everything Cape May. By that I mean she keeps information on all popular venues and even their seasonal hours. She also has a suggested itinerary to make the most of your time. Top shelf all the way!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thanks Justin. I'm so happy that The Queen Victoria was the perfect place to celebrate your "BIG" birthday. I'm glad that you enjoyed everything so much. Anna Marie does work very hard to be sure that everybody has the Ultimate Cape May experience during their visit, especially in the cooler months. It was a pleasure meeting you both. I hope you won't wait until your next "BIG" one to return!

Perkasie, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

What a wonderful first time experience at a Cape May B&B. They can't all be THIS good. They could not do enough for us. From Maria checking us in, walking us to our room, explaining everything as we went, to Doug, the Inn Keeper, with friendly conversation at tea, to Anna Marie , the Inn-ess Keeper whose knowledge of the Inn and the history and what to do around Cape May can not be matched. They recommended restaurants and made reservations for several guests we met. And our wine tasting at Cape May Winery was a very pleasant surprise. BTW, get the Cape May Red! Our room was serviced in the morning and at night with a turn down service. Breakfast was excellent, with good conversation and smiles. A great way to spend the morning. We've decided to make this an annual Christmas present to ourselves and we'll be coming back to the Queen Victoria!

Room Tip: The King Edward Suite was the best room at the Inn, according to one of the housekeepers. We agree!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
What a great review Bob. Thanks so much. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your winter visit with us so much. I hope Anna Marie didn't wear you out with all her ideas of fun things to do :) I'm thrilled to see that you're planning on making your visit to The Queen Victoria a tradition. See you next year (if not sooner)!

Lexington Park, Md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We've been vacationing in Cape May for several decades, but always in the summer and always in a rental house or hotel (and usually with kids/grandparents!). My wife and I recently stayed 3 nights in January at the Queen Victoria to celebrate our 15th anniversary. It's located very close to the Washington Street Mall and the beach. I thought it would be nice and relaxing to visit during the off season, as it gets very busy in the summer. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the wonderful and friendly staff and absolutely beautiful accommodations at the Queen Victoria! We stayed in the Crown Jewel and it's appropriately named. The web site doesn't do it justice. There are so many things included that we didn't have time to experience them all in our brief stay (afternoon tea, complementary bicycles to ride, etc) -- we will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: The Crown Jewel is actually a separate building with private parking - very quiet!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thanks so much for the wonderful review Rick. I'm glad that you and Judy "made the plunge" and tried the B&B thing this time. I'm so pleased that you found the Crown Jewel to be more than you expected/hoped for. It is a very special room, obviously.

Next time you'll have to be sure to take advantage of all the amenities!

I hope we'll have the pleasure of your company again soon.
South Hackensack, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The room was first class, the service was first class and the staff was first class. Did I mention everything was first class. We had a very memorable time and will be back again soon. Thanks to our innkeepers Anna Marie & Doug & thier wonderfull staff.

Room Tip: Try the Gilbert & Sullivan room for a great experiance. It has everything you could want in a B...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the review Bob. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feelings about The Queen Victoria with the Tripadvisor community. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us so much. Anna Marie and I truly enjoyed getting to meet you both. There are always so many wonderful things to do in Cape May, no matter the season. I'm glad that you enjoyed some of our favorites.

I hope we will get to see you again soon.

Been to The Queen Victoria? Share your experiences!