“A memorable 2 days” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 49 Cape May B&B and Inns
Pennington, New Jersey
“A memorable 2 days”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

2 days at The queen Victoria in lovely Cape May at Christmas time----what could be better? We were warm and cozy and cared for at this beautiful B and B by the hosts and all the staff. I particularly liked the choice of having breakfast and tea around a large table sharing experiences with other guests or in a side room with smaller tables and the chance to be peaceful and read the paper while enjoying the wonderful food. The Queen Victoria was beautifully decorated and the rooms spotless. We will return!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thanks so much for posting this review. Christmas is such a magical time to visit Cape May. I'm glad you got to experience it and enjoyed it so much. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your visit to The Queen Victoria so much.

One of our goals is to offer a comfortable environment/experience to all of our guests, no matter if they want to socialize or have a quiet, intimate visit. I'm glad that worked for you.

I hope that you'll be returning soon to stay with us again! There is no bad time to visit Cape May.

Doug

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
chalfont,pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We have been to Cape May many times but had never experienced any of the B&B's. We decided that this would be a great Christmas gift for each other and it was. We loved the Inn. It was more than we expected. Their attention to detail was excellent. Anna Marie and Doug are wonderful hosts. The Inn was quiet and relaxed. It was decorated beautifully, as was the entire town.We booked the christmas getaway and it was well worth it. Our room was quiet and very comfortable. Breakfast and afternoon tea were wonderful. We loved it so much we bought a gift certificate as a christmas gift for our son and his girlfriend. We are already looking to see when we can return ourselves. Thank you for a great getaway!

Room Tip: ask for an ocean view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thanks so much for staying with us and for posting this review. I'm so glad you made the plunge and stayed in a Cape May B&B. I think it really is the way to experience Cape May. I'm also very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Christmas is a very special time in Cape May. I hope that you'll be able to come back for a return visit very soon.

Doug McMain
Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I received an email from the owner, Annamarie, telling me that Hurricane Sandy had not damaged the Queen Victoria. I forwarded on the message in email until one of my friends responded that we should go for the holiday lights. We just got back and the inn is breathtaking with thousands of white lights. It is a fairytale and th owners are so nice. The breakfast is always delicious. I stayed in the Prince Albert room and love it! Very clean and nice antiques. The Christmas tree was a patriotic one with American flags. Maria is very nice there and makes you feel at home while refilling my coffee endless times.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to post this review. I'm so glad you and your friend were able to visit us and experience Christmas in Cape May. It really is magical. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your visit so much. Thanks again for choosing The Queen Victoria again for your home in Cape May. We're looking forward to your next visit.
Sandy, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed at the Queen Victoria from Nov. 1st through 3rd, 2012. This was a very special occasion because our daughter was graduating from Coast Guard Basic Training. The trip from Oregon to NJ was touch and go right up until the last minute because of Hurricane Sandy. However, two stressed out parents arrived at the Queen Victoria and were greeted by the kindest, most generous, gracious owner and staff that we could ever have hoped for. They upgraded our room from one to two beds because they knew that our daughter would be leaving the base right after graduation, and wanted her to have a comfortable place to sleep. The food was amazing, the place spotlessly clean and well-kept, and every comfort was not overlooked. They went as far as providing baggies for taking home their special scented soap. We had an early flight in the morning, and they packed us a breakfast for the road. Last but not least, the owner gave our daughter a congratulatory note with her name on it enclosed in a picture of the Queen Victoria frame. That was just the perfect touch to what was already an incredible experience.

Room Tip: corner suites are larger
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
QV-Doug, Owner at The Queen Victoria, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Anna Marie and I are so pleased that your visit to The Queen Victoria and Cape May was such a great experience for you. It was truly a pleasure meeting you all, including your impressive newly graduated Coast Guard daughter! I'm glad that Hurricane Sandy didn't derail your plans for you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

this was our first time at the Queen Victoria, we decided go for our 10yr anniversary after a friends referral!! I am soooo happy we did, the staff is so friendly, rooms are clean, location is perfect, the afternoon tea and breakfast were so delicious. We didnt need our car for anything, we could walk. We stayed in the newly done room the Empress and it is a beauitiful room! I highly recommend the Queen Victoria and I plan on coming back again!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad that your 10th Anniversary was a special one at The Queen Victoria. We're honored that you chose to celebrate this special moment at our inn. I hope that we'll have the pleasure of your company again soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Spent a few days at The Queen Victoria Inn. Charming in the late summer time. Room was comfortable, breakfast was good, innkeeper friendly, will return. Enjoyed the quiet and peaceful days. Slept very well.

Room Tip: A place to return to
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Fletcher, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I surprised my wife for our 20th anniversary with a trip to Cape May and The Queen Victoria. Cape May is a great little victorian town and the ocean adds a wonderful touch. We will remember our stay at The Queen Victoria for a long time. We have stayed in several B&Bs but this one is rated "top of the list". The accomodations are very clean, very comfortable and maintained very well. The staff is professional but yet friendly - We did not get to meet the chef but tasted many of his/her creations - you will not be disappointed!!! Doug and Anna Marie are excellant hosts and you will be treated like their best friend. We spent many hours on the bikes and beach chairs that they let us use during our time there. They deserve the many excellant ratings and awards they have received. I could go on and on but you will just have to go and experience it yourself. :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Queen Victoria? Share your experiences!