“Helpful innkeepers” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Primrose Inn

The Primrose Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Primrose Inn
You added The Primrose Inn to your Saves list
1102 Lafayette Street, Cape May, NJ 08204   |
Ranked #45 of 47 Cape May B&B and Inns
boonton
“Helpful innkeepers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The innkeepers were helpful in describing the area. The sunflower room was picturesque. The breakfast was delicious. Books and history of the locale were very interesting. We were able to have our friends come and socialize in the dining room. Smoking is allowed in the back patio.
This is the nicest place to stay in Cape May.The inn is right across from the museum and a short walk to shopping restaurants and the beach.

Room Tip: The sunflower on the second floor is very spacouus and beautiful
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Kinnelon, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I made a last minute online reservatiion the night before which was a mistake in itself...the Primrose Inn is not the tidy and cheerfull place we expected. We were to stay in the daisy room with the black wall paper. There is a layer of dust on the head board of the bed and the fan lights. the bed spread and pillow shams are just getting old and overly used. its an old place and the air was not on so of course it has a bit of mildew scent. The private bathrooms are a great feature in a bed and breakfast however just needs some work ...old stained laminate floor, dusty window sills, old mirror. Just felt a little depressing.

The dining area needs an overhaul...table clothes are all faded, just kinda tired and blah looking. We didn't stay the night or eat there which was sad because we paid $275 and just decided to drive home 3hours away at 1am. We did get to eat at the Washington Inn which was just a few blocks away and was just as amazing as always!! The beach is far however they offer bikes.

The owner introduced herself which was nice... She was courteous and friendly when we arrived however a bit unkept herself barefoot and sweaty, giving off a stressed vibe. She seemed to have a full house so maybe the Primrose Inn was justnot a place for us!

Room Tip: May want to choose the upstairs rooms because the room on the first floor is right next to the front...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My mother and I just stayed at the Primrose Inn on our first trip to Cape May and our first stay at a B&B. We'll definitely be back! The rooms were adorable (in a homey, slightly mismatched kind of way), breakfast was delicious the rates were extremely reasonable, and the location was perfect. The beach was about a half mile in one direction and downtown was about a half mile in the other direction, so it's an easy walk or bike ride down quiet streets to major Cape May attractions (you can borrow a bike for free). The Physick museum/restaurant/gift shop is right next door, which made navigating by the tourist maps very easy.

The owners were incredibly nice and accommodating. They will go out of their way to handle ANY preferences or dietary restrictions, even very strict ones, if you let them know ahead of time. There's a guest fridge if you need to store anything.

We stayed in the super girly Peach Room, and my only complaint is that the bathroom mirrors were really small. But that's a minor problem. Everything was very clean and comfortable and done up in a sort of quirky, casual Victorian style. I can't recommend this place enough.

Room Tip: The Peach Room is so cute! If you bring your laptop, you can get reasonably fast wifi internet acce...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

If your looking for a place to stay this is not a bad deal. It is close to the Lobster House is you like to eat there... It is painted pinkish on the outside, they do have a cute garden and porch. It is a small victorian with five rooms. They do a nice enough job of making your happy. The owner is very pleasant! It is was okay for comfort sleeping. I would stay again... My suggestion it would be great if you had a bunch of ladies to rent the whole place you would like it it has very feminine decor.

Room Tip: I would only stay upstairs. That way you don't hear people passing by your room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
South Orange, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I have been staying at the Primrose for the past two years; I discovered it through pure serendipity - driving around Cape May looking for a B&B which was convenient to the beaches without being inundated in tourist traps, traffic jams and fast food restaurants. When I first knocked on the door of the Primrose, I met 'Cat' - one of the charming owners; she very graciously showed me the rooms, shared the most interesting activities on-going in Cape May that weekend and mentioned that she and her husband, Phil, enjoyed preparing special breakfast meals for their guests. I have since become a fan of Cape May and always stay at the Primrose when my schedule permits! The rooms are each different - each with its own charm and ambiance. This B&B is close to all beaches , some of Cape May's best restaurants and the breakfast muffins are out of this world!!!!!!!!! Phil and Cat will make your weekend without intruding in any way! Stay here if you want privacy, a great night's sleep and an experience out of Cape May's historic inn traditions.

Room Tip: Some rooms at the Primrose have completely private entrances...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

I just called to inquire about a room and asked a question to clarify something. The woman on the phone responded, " Don't you listen?" I would not even consider staying at a place that had such a nasty person answering the phone.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
CatCroCapeMay, Owner at The Primrose Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Customer called on a cell phone and we had a bad connection going in and out. I asked her to call on a landline because I could not understand her. I was trying to do her a favor and move guests so she could occupy the only handicapped accessible room in Cape May. She thought I was rude when I asked her to call back. I do not think my own should be responsible for a bad connection on a cell call especially since we were on a landline. Cat Cronin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

My girlfriend and I wanted to get away for the weekend. Most places were booked, but luckily a room had opened up at the Primrose.

It was our first time in Cape May, and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect place to stay. We loved it so much, we even made a song about it.

We stayed in the Violet room. Clean, quaint, spacious, and extremely comfortable. We had our own private patio, small living room area, great comfy couch, and a bed that we didn't want to leave.

The Primrose is a beautiful Victorian style house, with a lovely pink paint job.

Aside from our room, which was amazing, we had the chance to peek into a few other rooms where people had checked out. Whoever decorated the rooms deserves an award. Shabby chic perfection to the t.

We met Phil on our way out to the beach. He was friendly, helpful, but not in a overly pushy way. He made us feel at home, and for us to do as we please.

The Primrose isn't right on the noisey, bar filled beach front. It's a 2 minute drive or short walking distance from everything. We didn't use them, but there were bikes available. Before arriving we were nervous that we were too far from the water, this was not the case. We ended up being much happier that we weren't in the loud hustle bustle.

We've stayed at a few other bed and breakfasts in the past, but nothing like here.

We already miss the Primrose.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to The Primrose Inn? Share your experiences!