Stayed in the President Harrison Room 2 summers ago on my 1st trip to a Cape May B & B with a girlfriend. Room was great, bathroom was great, food was great and porch was amazing.
I think this place is in that book 1,000 places to visit before you die. And it actually has some hostory to it....look it up.
Loved the huge wrap-around porch and location for ease of walking distance and people-watching.
Breakfast was great as well and you could eat inside or on the porch.
I expected phenomenal service as it was my 1st time(half-kidding). Not much in terms of service or even interaction from the innkeeper at the time. However we actually liked that and really wanted to just be left alone.
Believe it or not when I go back to Cape May, that's where I'll stay: Definitely not for the service, but because of the anononomynity (did I spell that right), the location, view and that lovely porch.
I'll upgrade the room to one where parking is on premises, instead of on the street, though.
I'm easy to please.
- Also Known As:
- Mainstay Inn And Cottage Hotel Cape May
- Mainstay Inn And Cottage Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming guest house that was built in 1872. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Olotels so you can book your Mainstay Inn and Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.