“The Best Breakfast Cook!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Leith Hall to your Saves list
Leith Hall
22 Ocean St, Cape May, NJ 08204   |
Ranked #32 of 49 Cape May B&B and Inns
“The Best Breakfast Cook!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

Elan and Susan, Inn Keepers of Leith Hall, Cape May, N.J. Elan cooks brealfast RHE BEST! and also makes dessert for afternoon tea.
They are world travelers and are very informed.
Very excellent hosts.
We always enjoy our stay with them, pleasure or business.
From our room we can see and hear the ocean, very few B&B's have this plus.
Each room is decorated different, but breakfast is always the same delicious!!!!
We were there to do an Antique show. Miriam and Lyle Turner, Mountain Top, Pa.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
North New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2008

First let me say that this is about the twenty- fifth B&B that my wife and I have stayed in, so we can compare apples to apples.. I booked for two nights, and upon our arrival wished that I had booked elsewhere. The Innkeepers are nice, friendly people, but that is all Leith Hall has going for it. The property in and out is in need of a facelift. I've never stayed at a property that didn't have a real parlour and dining area. As a previous reviewer wrote, and I agree, this B&B is riding on the backs of the others in Cape May.
I have never not been able to get up in the morning and have a cup of coffee and read the morning paper, Leith Hall dosen't get newspapers. If you are going to charge the same price as the other B&Bs, you should provide the same level of amenities.

• Liked — Innkeepers
  • Disliked — the property itself
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

My 1st B & B stay and I felt it was very nice. The room was more than adequate, (Maple Leaf suite) private bath and a sitting room with sofa, small fridge, fireplace and tv. It was very clean and neat! The bathroom was updated and clean.

The owners were very accommodating and the breakfast was 10+! We were there for 3 nights/4 days and each breakfast was unique and tasty! The breakfast also included fresh fruits and muffins--in addition to the entree-one day french toast, one day eggs w/dill and cheese and the other day was pancakes with raspberries! Afternoon snacks included wonderful baked goods and lemonade!

The location was excellent. 1/2 block to the beach, 2 blocks to the antique shops and stores and lots of restaurants within walking distance.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Harrisburg PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2008

I recently stayed at Leith Hall, Cape May NJ. First, the good news - I found the innkeepers to be friendly and the breakfasts and afternoon teas were delicious. I would expect this of a reputable B & B in Cape May.

What I wouldn't expect from a Cape May B & B would be the condition of my room. I stayed in the Highland Room and would rate the room as being tired, worn, and in much need of a refreshening. The bedcover is worn out, even frayed in places. The curtains consist of one limp lace panel stretched across the window. The netting over the bed is torn in several places. The beautiful Victorian dresser pictured on the website has since been replaced by a plain, non-descriptive piece. The lighting fixtures look like flea-market finds, not period pieces. In the bathroom you will find mismatched contemporary fixtures and a worn linoleum floor.

At one time, this room must have been nice (painted murals on all walls), but in reality, it is not what what I expected of this B & B, based on the pics on the website.

• Liked — Leith Hall is in a good location, between beach and in the historic district
  • Disliked — Cape May is known for their beautiful B & Bs, my room was such a disappointment.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Howell, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2007

My husband and I had a lovely time in the Highlander Room, but were excited enough about the decor to tour the whole house. Our room was small, but still had a kitchenette, and was priced fairly we thought. The food was quite good, and provisions were made for me being a vegetarian. While October was not beach weather, Leith Hall is well-located, convenient for strolls about town or on the boardwalk.
Our hosts spent much time talking with the several guests, and were full of helpful suggestions for activities (and about what was seasonal and closed).

• Liked — Unique decor
  • Disliked — small room
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2007

Liked the location - very close to the beach, restaurants, shopping. We stayed in the Audubon Suite. For what we got, I thought it was overpriced but it was nice. Nicely decorated room but not extravagant like the website made it sound. One side of the building faces a gravel parking lot, so that detracts a little from the atmosphere.

We had scrambled eggs with cream cheese one morning and french toast the next. Both were good, served with lots of sides (sausage, fruit salad, muffins).

The porch was a very nice place to eat breakfast and relax. The inn keepers were there for breakfast and were helpful and nice.

(One thing I didn't like was how the website said our room had a "whirlpool tub." I guess technically it did, but it was really just a normal sized tub/shower with little jets on the side. Not very romantic).

But overall it was nice.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Staten Is, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2006

We've stayed in a number of B& B'S in Cape May and we truly enjoyed our stay here. We stayed in the Turkish Suite which was quite comfortable. Breakfasts were delicious. The hosts, Susie and Elan were hospitable,friendly and attentive. Would stay here anytime.

• Stayed September 2005

Been to Leith Hall? Share your experiences!