“Wish it would have been better!” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Montclair, New Jersey
14 attraction reviews
“Wish it would have been better!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I bought 2 tickets through Groupon (which helped and saved us 50%) as a surprise gift for my husband and I. We boarded and left on time. The boat was nice, clean, and we had a lot of room to move around. Captain was nice, naturalist Kathy was very knowledgeable about the land, sea, and creatures. However, we stayed out in the ocean for an hour longer than we were supposed to..I never get seasick, but felt it this time bc we were in the middle of the ocean with no land in sight. We saw NOTHING, no whales, not even dolphins until the last 3 minutes of the trip, which we rushed away from since we were already so late. Definitely not the company's fault, just not worth the $ bc we didn't see anything!

BROOKLYN NY
57 attraction reviews
“NICE EXPERIENCE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Very pleasant ride. We had a small crowd so there was plenty of room. We saw many dolphins. (There is a different, longer trip for whale sightings). I thought it was a little pricey but it was less than others were asking with a coupon. The coupons are available at a tourist stop. One troubling thing-there was a request for tips toward the end of the trip. I thought that was a bit tasteless.

Visited August 2011
Alexandria, Virginia
“Fun Ride With Lots of Dolphins and Learning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

My husband and I did the sunset cruise. We used a $3 coupon so our tickets came out to $27 each, and included FREE pizza and hot dogs. BTW, the pizza was excellent!
Our guide shared her wealth of knowledge and obviously loves her job and dolphin charges.
The captain went to great lengths to position the boat so we could get a panoramic view of the dolphins.
The sunset was beautiful, and I got the best picture ever of the lighthouse and villa.
Highly recommend for a great time and view of Cape May.

Toms River, New Jersey
“Worth It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

This is an amazing tour. Our Toms River, family of four took the Sunset Dolphin Cruise. The guide was thoroughly knowlegable about both the marine, animal, bird, and plant life of the ocean and marshes. Also, she gave a wonderful historical overview of many of Cape May attractions, buildings, and sea wreckages from the tour. Besides numerous dophins and birds (which were amazing), there was even a rainbow and a bald eagle siting.
Husband, 7 year old, and I loved it, but the 4 year old became "antsy" after 45 minutes. Bathroom onboard visited it many times. Pizza and hotdogs served as part of the trip package. Others claimed it was pricey, but had a Groupon Coupon from Central Jersey. This made it affordable. I highly recommend it, and with little ones stick with the two hour cruise! (Bring sun block even in the evening and a sweatshirt for when the air cools, and binoculars. We bought "SeaBands" at home before the trip for the kids. One is prone to motion sickness. No sickness issues.)

Quakertown, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
“Highlight of our Family Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

It is a little on the pricey side if you pay full price. We had a Groupon - so it was half price. This company has had multiple Groupon deals in the past few months - sign up for the Philadelphia alerts. Also, kids under 6 are free with an adult admission.

This was the highlight of our vacation - we didn't see any whales, but learned that dolphins are actually part of the whale family. The captain was VERY knowledgeable and we learned a lot. 3 hours was a little long for my 5 year old, but we saw hundreds of dolphins very near the boat, a huge school of fish and sting rays. The on-board a/c cabin has tables to eat snacks - you can bring your own snacks too.

I can't rave enough about this cruise!