“Excellent World Cuisine” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 95 Restaurants in Cape May
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Fusion, Eclectic, Oyster Bar
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our ocean-inspired restaurant and raw bar, located in Cape May, New Jersey, strikes a perfect balance of fresh coastal cuisine and fine dining. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and featuring simplistic menu options that reflect the simplicity of fresh ingredients and a cool ocean breeze, M'ocean delivers an evolving dining experience that stimulates all of your senses.
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent World Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The call it Tapas but I think it has an international flavor to the food. I spoke with the owner for awhile and she said they like to travel and I think it is reflected in the flavor of the food. I like almost all the small plates appetizers especially the tuna with the rice cake. Appts were nice portion and fun to share and I wish they didn't have an entree minimum cuz I would have just eaten all appts and have been just fine with it. Bring friends to share and BTW, the live music was also a nice touch.

Bonus: The staff was also very pretty to look at not a bad looker in sight :-)

Visited August 2012

New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
“Can't wait to eat there again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband and I had a coupon from Restaurant.com for Martini Beach and wanted to use it, so we went. I wasn't sure what to expect but we loved it. We had the filet mignon. My husband is very picky about steak so since he was very happy with it, I can say without doubt that it was a quality steak. We loved the drinks and sat where we had a nice view of the ocean across the street. I would recommend it to anyone and will be going back again.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice Tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Started in the bar for Happy Hour and even though it was a good value ($5 martinis in Cape May on Labor Day was cheap in comparison) the drinks left a lot to be desired. So we went elsewhere for cocktails but did come back for dinner. They have a nice selection of tapas and it was good but not great. The best part of the evening was their Elderflower signature cocktail - which was fantastic! Definitely a must-try if you visit!

Visited September 2012
“Worst Tapas Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I have been eating in Cape May for the past 14 years and we definitely have our favorite restaurants that we frequent. It had been years since we had been to Martini Beach and thought we would give it another try, this past Monday. It was one of the worst meals that I have had in quite some time. We ordered 4 tapas and only one of them was edible. The mushrooms were supposed to be in a sherry broth, however, the only broth they were swimming in was their own tasteless mushroom water. Absolutely no seasoning in them. The octopus was bland and chewy. The clams with pork were overwhelmed with garlic from a jar. The mac and cheese was the only thing edible and even that wasn't very good. There are too many other good places for a meal in Cape May.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Media, Pennsylvania
“So-so food, great location for cocktails.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We went to the bar for happy hour, but were too late for the drink specials. The ambiance was great and the martini selection was pretty extensive. We ordered the Cucumber-Basil Gimlet and the Caribbean, We also ordered crab cakes and chicken skewers. The drinks were fantastic but pricey, around $12.00 each. The food was a big let-down. Very small portions and lackluster quality. I definitely expected more given the other reviews. The servers and bartenders were all very friendly, though, and if you can make it for the happy hour specials you're guaranteed a good start to your evening.

Visited September 2012