“One of the lovliest experiences I've had in a tea room!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #99 of 109 restaurants in Cape May
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Oakland, California
“One of the lovliest experiences I've had in a tea room!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area and I've tried almost every tea room in the area. The Butterfly Tea room in Cape May was SUCH a delight and could stand up to any of the others I have been to!
The atmosphere is SO charming!!!! The owner and the server made us feel as welcome as if we were guests in her home. We had the tea with scones, soup and quiche and we were TOO FULL to try any pastries! The pricing is consistent with other tea rooms. We took pictures but I haven't downloaded them from the camera yet.... This will be on our list of "musts" when next we visit Cape May!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

50% Recommend
Burlington City
“To Tea or not to Tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Definitely Tea. We had such a fun time picking out the tea and teapot for our tasting. The desserts are great, too many to mention but lets say you will want a take home. The service excellent, an adult teaparty and just enjoyable time and atmosphere

Visited September 2012
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Tea Time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I love this little Tea Room. A must while in Cape May! The decor is beautiful, the tea is delicious. Next time we will get the full tea complete with scones. We found this little luxury shorly after breakfast, so we just had tea! The owner is a wonderful, kind person!! We even got to choose our own teapot!!! A must!!

Visited September 2012
Northampton, Pennsylvania
“Nothing remarkable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was my second experience at the Butterfly Tea Room and since I cannot remember the first time, I am guessing it wasn't remarkable. Although the owner was very gracious and made all her guests feel welcome, the bottom line is it is overpriced and the amount of food was skimpy. Since I am a self professed "Anglophile", I seek tea rooms whenever I travel in and out of the country. The Butterfly Tea room needs to give more food if they continue to demand their high prices. I realize that tea rooms in England are expensive but this is the United States and we as consumers expect more for our money.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Visit to John & Val Lightfoot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

On a visit to our friends in Talacre Beach in Wales we came across The Butterfly Tea Rooms, this is a little gem. The service, food & cleanliness is second to none, do yourself a favour & pay a visit,
you will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2012