“Nice beach getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Capri Motor Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
Capri Motor Lodge
You added Capri Motor Lodge to your Saves list
1033 Beach Ave, Cape May, NJ 08204   |
Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in Cape May
Certificate of Excellence 2014
allentown,pa
“Nice beach getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stayed here in late June 2011 and found it a nice location. Units were in good condition. Our only complaint was on one very windy night the flapping of the plastic sheeting from the new construction next door was awful. Since it is breezey in Cape May we were trying to do without air conditioning. The next day when I visited the front desk the lady said she would discuss this incident with the contractor next door. Later in the evening the nice lady from the front desk informed me the crew had fixed the problem. (the crew did next to nothing but thankfully the winds abated.) I would recommend this motel for next season because it looked like the new units next door should be completed by then. If you have small children the pool and beach are at your front door. The only other policy they enforce is cash only. One would assume credit card fees that most merchants are shy to reveal may be the cause. Oh BTW did you know what fee's AMEX charges merchants ? Don't guess where your rebates are coming from !

Room Tip: Upper floor (3) has great view and their is a large sun deck on that level.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Staten Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

My family met my brother's family for weekend. Families include two teens and two under 5. Motel was very clean and you can tell they take care of the premises. Pool is good, ping pong table and shuffleboard were a great break between pool and beach or befor dinner. Restaurants within walking distance and the beach is just across the street. Didn't move car all wekend. My only small issue is that they only take cash or New Jersey checks with ID. They do let you know beforehand so it's no surprise just a small peeve. Would definitely revisit.

Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

After a bad start at another lodging, my niece and I were able to find clean and comfortable accommodations at the Capri. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Joanne and Patty were great! The grounds are kept beautifully, from the clean swimming pool to the hanging baskets on the veranda railings. You could not ask for a better location, right across from the beach! My niece was happy about that! Having your own parking space in the Capri's parking lot, complete with an elevator, was very convenient. We would definitely stay at the Capri again.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
White Plains, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

we stayed on the top floor and had a nice view,you just cross the street and your on the beach great when you have kids +the pool was nice too, and you can walk to all the restaurants and shops its not that far.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Allison Park, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We had a great stay at the Capri Motor Lodge - the grounds are well kept and the owners and staff are awesome - we had one room with 2 double beds - worked out great for us - the location is perfect and the free trolly just outside the door was a pleasant surprise - no trying to find a parking space in the crowded areas around the center of Cape May - we will be back for sure!

Cranbury, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

This was our first trip to Cape May. It was over 2011 Labor Day weekend and we only wanted a reservation for Friday and Saturday nights. Most of the hotels had a 3 night minimum. When I called the Capri to inquire about the dates and accommodations,
I spoke with Joanne. I could not have found a nicer person to deal with. We needed 2 rooms, one for my husband and myself, and one for our son. Joanne set us up in 2 efficiencies that faced the pool. The rooms were clean, convenient, and the Capri is in a great location. There is WiFi in the office, so I could check my e-mail messages at my convenience. I have only positive feedback about the Capri. We will definitely go back next year.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
terese1963, Manager at Capri Motor Lodge, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thanks for the nice review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

I was looking at hotels online and decided to book a stay here.We stayed in a 3rd floor ocean view room.I was surprised how nice it was.Some rooms are old,but every room has something new.We wanted to go a day early so we got a bottom floor that was beautiful it had a new tv air was musty but of course it's a bottom floor so yes they are gonna have a musty smell because it's the beach.The next day we moved up into a 2nd floor room.The bathroom was ok but the shower curtain was stained and when you took a shower there was a window with no curtain so people could see you.The water was mostly cold would not go up to hot,but it was beautiful and service was really nice.The room wasn't as nice as the bottom side view room but this one was ok for the price.Some rooms are nicer than others but like I said everyone has something new about it.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Capri Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!