“Drill Sargent! The owner was crazy!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cabin City Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape May
Cabin City Motel
You added Cabin City Motel to your Saves list
756 Route #9, Cape May, NJ 08204   |
Ranked #36 of 42 Hotels in Cape May
“Drill Sargent! The owner was crazy!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My parents got a room for the weekend to be close to Me, My Husband, and my 1 & 3 year old. We have a house a few blocks down. We planned to take the babies in the pool the first day my parents came down. The owner ran out, and said no. If your not staying here they can't go in the pool. There was not one person in the pitiful disgrace of a pool they have. My son was crying. They are little babies. Not this whole group of teenagers, or this whole crew of people. Or i could see if the pool was crowed. The next night we went to the boardwalk. When we dropped my parents off at the end of the night, the owner is looking out of her window watching us. It was very uncomfortable, and seriously un called for!!! Just the fact that she didn't let these toddlers use her Getto pool. I mean we could have just said we were staying with my Mom. I honestly didn't think we had to. We would never stay there again. My parents could have spent the same money for a room in Wildwood with a way nicer room, and pool. Don't stay here!!! You don't go on vacation to have a baby sitter watching you. She walked around her motel the whole time watching people go in and out.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

A clean, comfortable Ma-and-Pa motel with 2 floors, a clean room, a pristine swimming pool, and a hoot-of-an-owner in Joanne. Follow her rules and no one gets hurt (lol). Actually, if you're looking for basic shore accomodations close to Cape May and friendly as heck, you can do worse than Cabin City! My wife and I will certainly be back!

Room Tip: Ask Joanne for Room 16... it's as clean as can be!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Clean, comfortable, nice amenities - fridge, micro-wave, (kitchenette in some units). Owner is very accomodating. Our 8th year here. No restaurant on premises but ask the owner for tips and she'll be glad to provide them We stay 2 nights because we are there for the Stone Harbor Craft cShow. Several of us stay and picnic on Saturday night. Joanne (the owner) has no problem with this and even helps out as we arrive at different times. She knopws and remembers all of us which is helpful given our schedules.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

STay away from this place, unless of course you don't mind cold water showers, cold rooms in the winter and hot in the summer. not to mention the dirty place.
The owner is quick to say "but I am ging you a deal" yep I spose, but don't even think you get what you are paying for. we too have experienced the owner turing off the airconditioning during the day when we were at work - come in and it takes forever to cool down...hot showers? NOT she controls the water temparatures to keep them down too. and the worse part...it is 20 degree outside..come in from outdoor work to warm up and she comes in the room - daily- to turn the heat off...so the room is 30 degrees and took full running heater 6 hours to heat room to where it would kick off. The bathrooms are so cold...and with no hot showers.....We could sleep in our cars for the same accomodations.. and another tenant...she shut the breaker off to his place during the day because she didn't want to walk upstairs to turn his off. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I could go on forever

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

I recently stayed at this dump. Where do I begin? The room was dirty, smelled like a damp basement. The sheets had stains on them. The chairs were lined with dust. The bathroom was dirty. The bath mat was so dirty it was brown. I left the window open to air out the musty smell and since it was a hot day, I had the air conditioner on as well. All of a sudden I heard noises outside my window and the air conditioner turned off. About two minutes later the owner came banging on my door saying the air turned off because my window was open. It was obvious she turned the air off. After I closed my window, I heard noises outside again and the air turned back on. The pool area was dirty. The chairs were all mildew stained. We left to go into town for a few hours. When we came back to look for the motel we were unable to find it. The street on the room key was different from the actual address. All of the lights of the motel were turned off and the motel sign was turn off. The next morning I suggested to the owner that she keep the sign on so guests can find the place at night. She got loud with me and asked why didn't I call? I told her there was no number on the key. She said "well you should have taken a business card and then you could have called. And most places turn their signs off when they're closed." I couldn't believe she was so loud and rude- and in front of my daughter. This was a horrible experience.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
NEW JERSEY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2006

I stayed at this motel and the room i stayed in was ok but the bathroom was dirty with mold and soap scum in the shower the was cloths and towels were stained and dirty as if they could be used to clean with and there were flea's in my room i had to leave so to everyone who is planning trips for this summer my advice to you is to find a better place to stay if you are going to put out alot of money.

Been to Cabin City Motel? Share your experiences!