“Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful Innkeeper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mason Cottage Bed & Breakfast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Mason Cottage Bed & Breakfast Inn
You added The Mason Cottage Bed & Breakfast Inn to your Saves list
623 Columbia Avenue, Cape May, NJ 08204   |
Ranked #15 of 47 Cape May B&B and Inns
Middletown, New Jersey
“Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful Innkeeper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

My wife and I have been visiting Cape May for several years. We have stayed at many different B&B's and we've been to The Mason Cottage Inn a few times. This was our first visit to The Mason Cottage Inn since Patti took over as the new innkeeper. She was awesome!!!! She was very, very friendly, cordial and helpful with everything. Our visit was excellent and we did not want to leave. The breakfasts were delicious, the room was always spotless and we were treated very nicely. We can't wait to get back for our next visit. Thanks, again, for an awesome visit, Patti.
-Pat & Andrea

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
NE Pa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

My wife and I have vacationed in Cape May 5 times over the past 6 years. We always stay at The Mason Cottage and have always enjoyed it, but this year was a bit different. Since our last visit 2 years ago, The Mason Cottage received a complete make-over, from the front porch to the innkeeper. The view from the front porch was as awesome as it always was, but the fresh look and clean feel of the cottage made it even more inviting. While the improvements to the inn were welcomed, I can’t say enough about Patty the innkeeper. For starters, we arrived on my 50th birthday and we found a gift card (purchased by my sister) for our favorite Cape May restaurant sitting on our bed. My sister later informed me that Patty drove to the restaurant, picked up the gift card, placed it in a birthday card and on our bed before we arrived. Talk about going above and beyond! Before reading some of these reviews I honestly thought that Patty treated us special, but based on everyone’s comments, it appears as though she treats everyone this way! (I don’t feel so special anymore! Ha!) The breakfasts were excellent and Patty’s restaurant recommendations were on the money. I tend to talk a bit, (especially when I drink wine), but Patty was up for the challenge. She was never at a loss for words! I could go on and on, but do yourself a favor and book a few nights. You won’t be disappointed. The Cape May restaurants are fantastic, the location of the cottage is awesome and you can’t go wrong with Patty and Angela taking care of you. See ya next year! Or maybe sooner??

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Somers, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

My family has been going to Cape May for 12 years, but my husband and I have never been there alone (without the kids) and we have never stayed at an Inn. We decided to go alone for our 15th anniversary. We choose Mason Cottage for it's reasonable rates and fabulous Cape May location. It is within blocks of the Washington Street Mall, one block to Convention Hall and most importantly one block from the beach. We will return because of its beauty, cleanliness, great breakfasts and the Innkeeper, Patty. We felt "at home" and yet a world away. We were treated like family, yet like royalty. Our room was clean and comfortable. It was romantic and relaxing and it had the amenities that I enjoy (flat screen tv, ipod dock, large jet tub) I didn't want to leave. Next time my husband and I can get away without the kids, we will definitely be back to the Mason Cottage.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

This was the first time I've stayed in the historic district of Cape May, and I can honestly say that after one weekend here, I'm hooked! My husband and I loved Mason Cottage and all of it's old world character and charm. From the moment we walked in, Patty (the Innkeeper) made us feel right at home and was eager to answer any of our questions or offer suggestions about where to dine, shop, etc. And, the best part of the evening was coming "home" to relax on the rocking chairs that lined the gorgeous wrap around porch surrounded by lush plantings. Thank you Mason Cottage for a wonderful, relaxing, and romantic weekend...we'll definately be back!

Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

The Mason Cottage Bed and Breakfast Inn is the place to stay in Cape May! We loved it! Patti, the innkeeper, is fantastic! From the moment we were greeted until the time we checked out, she was always prompt to make us feel right at home. The location of this establishment is perfect: a quick one block stroll to the beach and a less than 5 minute stroll to the Washington Street Mall. Our room was clean, breezy, and quiet. Our breakfasts were hot and delicious. We were provided with beach chairs, beach towels, and bicycles which allowed us to enjoy and explore the town. The front porch was lined with high-backed rocking chairs where we sat and chatted with the other guests. We're coming back, no doubt! Thanks!

new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

After having visited many of the top rated bed and breakfasts in Cape May, we have fallen in love with the Mason Cottage. More specifically, we have fallen in love with its inn keeper. Patty makes you feel like a long lost friend from the moment you walk through the front door to the moment you leave. The inn is recently updated and impeccably kept. Patty's chocolate chip cookies are wonderful as is her breakfast. We are definately going back.

Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

This B&B was very clean and the inkeeper was great!! We had a really good stay and a great time in Cape May. I would suggest staying here if you are looking for a B&B.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Mason Cottage Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!