This was our first visit to Lake Laurie, so I cannot comment on whether it has been improved or not. I can say that despite all of the improvements they may have made, they have a long way to go yet.
First the positives:
The staff was very nice and friendly, the location is great, and they have a nice pool that looks fairly new.
The sites are wooded and well shaded.
Now the negatives:
Sites: The sites are small and hard to get even a small trailer in (larger units beware)
Hookups: Located at the street and are shared with the neighboring site. Therefore, you will need hoses and cords that reach from the back of your trailer to the street, at least. Since they are shared, 50% of you will need hoses/cords that reach the street on the opposite side of the campsite.
Bathrooms: Some of the worst I have experienced. One of the bathhouses reminded me of an abandoned facility from a Friday the 13th movie. It clearly hadn’t been repaired in decades, holes in the wall, broken fixtures, missing toilet seats. (the pics posted by Katie A are still accurate today). The “updated” bathhouse was only somewhat better, one had an outlet hanging out of the wall (next to a light switch), the other was missing a shower head and only had a pipe sticking out of the wall.
Worst of all the water smelled TERRIBLE. At first I thought it was just some old water in the hot water heater, so I let the water run thinking the smell would go away. It didn’t. At this point after moving from bathhouse to bathhouse, stall to stall to find a complete facility I gave up and decided I wouldn’t be able to shower. Something that has never happened to me before.
There is no reason to stay at this campground. I've stayed at Holly Shores and Seashore campgrounds and both are solid choices and will provide a good experience. If they’re booked, I’d change my plans before I’d stay here again.
NOTE: I noticed that a lot of the positive reviews appear to be submitted by seasonal's. While I don't doubt them, the priorities of transient campers are different (we care less about the people and more about the facilities). So keep that in perspective in mind when reading the reviews and considering a stay here.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Laurie Campground Hotel Cape May
- Lake Laurie Campground Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rustic, yet refined. Have it all with ocean breezes, sandy beaches, and boardwalks are just minutes away from Lake Laurie in Wildwood and historic Cape May. Our beautiful resort offers a great camping experience with all the trimmings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Lake Laurie RV and Camping Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.