“Cape May's hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Blue Rose Inn & Restaurant

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Blue Rose Inn & Restaurant
You added The Blue Rose Inn & Restaurant to your Saves list
653 Washington St, Cape May, NJ 08204   |
Ranked #16 of 47 Cape May B&B and Inns
Cinnaminson, New Jersey
“Cape May's hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in the Bronze room. BEAUTIFUL! The inn is lovely, the breakfasts were outstanding and Justin (the innkeeper) was an incredible host. We have stayed at several other B&Bs in Cape May and have this one is by far the best! The bed linens are amazingly soft, the location is prime (1/2 block to the Washington St. Mall). We parked the car and walked almost everywhere. There is nothing more we could have wanted. We will definitely be back! Kudos to Justin and staff and thank you so much for making our weekend away very memorable.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I just returned from a wonderful weekend at The Blue Rose. We stayed in the Green Room and ate most of our meals at the restaurant. We have stayed at several other b'n'b's in Cape May over the past 27 years and this one ranks at the top! Our breakfast on Saturday and Sunday was the best we've ever had, the Lemon ricotta doughnuts were a highlight, and dinner on Saturday night of the crab cakes (for me) and scallops (for my wife) were superb. But the best of all was the customer service of the entire staff but especially Justin, he was the best. We will definitely return, thanks for a great weekend.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Cherry Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the second time my wife and I have stayed at the Blue Rose Inn and we were not disappointed. The Inn is lovely but Justin makes it even more spectacular. We stayed in the Bronze room and it was very nice. I loved the bathroom and especially the tub. Our last visit we did not dine at the restaurant but this time we had dinner on Saturday night to celebrate our anniversary and it was a great meal. I would highly recommend the restaurant. We also really enjoyed our breakfast each day.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Flemington, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went to the Blue Rose for dinner only, thought it is also a B&B. The Blue Rose is a lovely old Victorian Inn. The dining area reflects the time period nicely without feeling old or outdated, and they have used the Blue theme very well. Food is interesting and original, we very much enjoyed our visit. I had the gnocchi for appetizer, which are made in a unique way and very tasty. I had the scallops for my entree and they were also very good. I would recommend the Blue Rose if you want a quiet and/or romantic dinner with food that compliments the atmosphere.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
South Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2014

Returning to The Blue Rose once again was like coming home. The atmosphere is inviting and the owners are delightful. They make you feel like one of the family. The Inn itself was beautifully decorated for Christmas and there were many improvements since our last visit. Not that this place needs ANY improvement. It is the best place to stay in Cape May! The breakfast is served from a menu and all the offerings are 5 star. The restaurant for dinner is top notch. The food is the best I have tasted anywhere. I have eaten in 5 star restaurants and the food here is 6 stars!!
Have a special occasion coming up? This is the place to go for diner for that experience that will never be forgotten. Want to get away for a relaxing weekend? The Blue Rose will change your outlook on life if for nothing more than a few days. Life is short. Have some fun. The Blue Rose is the diversion the doctor ordered! And when you go say hello to Justin. Way to go,Justin!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Cape May, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2014

We dine in Cape May all the time as we live locally. Our friends booked dinner at The Blue Rose. I said, "where?" Well, it is on my radar now. We are blessed with great restaurants in Cape May. The Blue Rose is certainly one of them.

We had a great evening. We sat on the porch. A lovely and cozy seating. Service was outstanding. Food was served promptly, but not rushed. The server reminded us that "everything is scratch made". That is usually code for "it may take a while" but not this time. This time it was code for "really fresh and great".

The menu is a nice combination of inventive meets comfy. We had a difficult time choosing but happily settled for duck confit ravioli, calamari salad, coffee crusted teres major and braised short ribs. Dessert? Homemade doughnuts, of course. Everything was perfect and the plates were sent back to the kitchen clean enough to reuse.

Highly recommended.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went to dinner here after some Christmas shopping and strolling the shops. We went around 5:00 on a Saturday night the 13th. We did not have a reservation but were seated right away. Nice old Bed and Breakfast Inn with a lot of history. Our waiter had a great personality and gave us great suggestions for apps and dinners. We started off with the calamari. It was really good! My wife got the scallops and I got the hanger steak with chimochori sauce. Very tasty! We split the homemade hot donuts for dessert. It was a great dining experience and we will definitely be returning next time we go to Cape May.

• Stayed December 2014

Been to The Blue Rose Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!