“So Lovely, So Romantic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Blue Rose Inn & Restaurant

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Blue Rose Inn & Restaurant
653 Washington St, Cape May, NJ 08204   |
Ranked #17 of 49 Cape May B&B and Inns
“So Lovely, So Romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! The place is just totally charming and everything you expect from a Cape May Inn. The great surprise--the food was fantastic! The service was above average, with out being over bearing in any way. It was a cool, breezy night and the windows were open giving a wonderful beach feel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Wayne, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Had a wonderful meal here this morning, sitting on the outdoor porch in the sunshine. Little chilly but overall perfect morning. Hubby had crab cake, pork belly, and short rib trio sliders, fabulous! Eggs Benedict done perfectly and though would've liked a little more hollandaise sauce, delicious. Service was exceptional, our waiter Justin very attentive. Overall a very good experience would go back !

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The food at The Blue Rose was wonderful. The only negative comment I have is about the water. I asked for water to drink and assumed I would receive tap water. We were charged $12 for water without being alerted to the fact that they charged for water. Is this normal? Just something to be aware of.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
South Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is one of the best kept secrets in Cape May! The Blue Rose Inn is a historic Victorian house very close to the Washington Street Mall. The owners Tom and Joan have restored this old house into the best B&B in Cape May. Justin, the innkeeper will make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. However, it is not just the comfortable rooms and the great location. It's the restaurant on the ground floor. The food is fantastic! For breakfast you chose from a menu that includes Sour Cream Pancakes and Brioche French Toast to Lemon Ricotta Doughnuts and a Chef’s Omelette. The best B&B breakfast I have ever had! And when it comes to dinner, do not leave the premises. I repeat Do NOT leave the premises! The best restaurant in Cape May is on the first floor. The food is so good it will have you licking the plate! Really!
Everyone has their favorite B&B while staying in Cape May. We all make good friends of the owners and innkeepers. But next time you visit Cape May make a reservation for dinner at the Blue Rose. Experience the food and chat with the owners. You just might make some new friends and then decide to stay at the inn on your next trip. We did!

Room Tip: The Bronze Room as a claw foot tub.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

From the minute we arrived until we left we were treated like we were special. The owner personally greeted all the guests. The food was exceptional. We had the mussels for an appetizer they were fresh and prepared well with potato strings on top and a savory sauce with large pieces of fennel. I had the hanger steak which was soft as butter with mushrooms, creamed spinach, and fingerling potatoes. I'm not a mushroom fan but these were so delicious I had to ask the chef how they were prepared. My husband had the scallops which were fresh and succulent served with a risotto. The creme brule for desert was a perfect ending to the meal. The restaurant is a BYOB and has a parking lot. There are two dinning spaces, an indoor porch and a dinning area. My only complaint would be that the dinning area-has too many tables. Otherwise a great dinning experience and we will be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

The food in the restaurant is some of the best food I have eaten anywhere. The brunch is to die for. Make sure you get the donuts and French toast. For dinner I loved everything but most especially the hanger steak. The creme brule and flourless chocolate cake are heavenly. The chefs Michael and Angela are amazing at what they do. Every room in the inn is beautiful; you can't go wrong no matter what room you choose. If you stay, say hi to Justin and Courtney for me (the innkeepers). They really make your stay extra special with their attention to detail and outgoing personalities. I cannot recommend the Blue Rose enough.

Stayed March 2014
ARDias
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a weekend getaway at the Blue Rose. This was our first time ever staying at a bed and breakfast and after reading reviews from other places we decided on the blue rose because they have their own restaurant attached. I like having options to pick from in the morning and most bed and breakfasts you just eat what they serve. Yes, we are picky like that.

Restaurant: The food was amazing! Our first night after check-in we had dinner and boy the flavors were amazing. I chose the crab cakes and my husband opted for the Skirt steak. We were both extremely pleased. Service was great and all of our needs were met. Breakfast was probably the best food I have ever had. The sour cream pancakes are a must! Coffee is served with a french press and the flavor was robust and delicious!

The Inn: We stayed in the Bronze room and loved it. The owners gave us a tour of the entire Inn. Each room has its own charm and very clean. Our room had a flat screen, adorable clawfoot tub. The left little toiletries which were a nice touch (shampoo, bar soap, st.ives face scrub, toothpaste). There were more then enough towels and the rooms have their own blowdryer.

Our bed was extremely comfortable and the owners gave us extra pillows as I am pregnant and needed them.

Owners were there to assist us if we needed anything and it truly felt like home. I have to say for our first time visiting a bed and breakfast I'm glad I chose this place!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Blue Rose Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!