“Good Time with Man's Best Friend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Rusty Nail

The Rusty Nail
205 Beach Ave, Cape May, NJ 08204 (Formerly Rusty Nail Bar & Grill)
609-884-0220
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Good Time with Man's Best Friend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My pup and I had a great time on the outdoor "beach" patio - good food and beverages, including Doggie Beer. Fun place, nice people.

Visited August 2013

long island
“Great Eats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Fried shrimp was very surprising VERY GOOD! & So was everything else. Even the waitress was very nice. Prices were just right . There is nothing I can say bad about it . Even the atmosphere was nice :)

Visited July 2013
Rutherford, New Jersey
“Restricted to Inside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I visit this restaurant a few times each Summer. This last time, we were not allowed to sit outside because we only had three people in our party. We were told that outside seating was for five or more. While disappointed, I still enjoyed the food and will definitely go back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“disappointing food and way overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband, son and I ate at the Rusty Nail last night and were extremely disappointed with the quality of the food. We shared one appetizer and each had one entree. One glass of wine, 2 soft drinks and one coffee. The meal cost over $200. Now we love good food, and this wouldn't have been a problem if the meals were worth it. They were not. Far from it. In fact, the food was barely edible. My husband's flounder was overcooked and not seasoned at all. My son's steamed clams were tough and not seasoned at all. My seafood combo was likewise mauled. None of the food had any flavoring, any finesse, and was slapped together with no thought. All for outrageous prices. My husband, a coffee lover, was given a cool cup of coffee at the end of the meal. When he said he needed a very hot cup of coffee, we waited another 10 minutes, and he was given another barely lukewarm cup of coffee. When we're spending over $200 on a bad meal, please make a new hot pot of coffee and do now give your customer a second old, cool, clearly leftover cup. Come on! It was horrible. The night before, we had a wonderful, well prepared, flavorful dinner at the Blue Pig, owned by the same group. Why don't they even try at the Rusty Nail? All the Rusty Nail has going for it is the location and cool vibe. Great for a drink. Go elsewhere for food. We left hungry and felt like we threw away our money.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Gross greasy food and terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have been to the Rusty Nail before and found it to be a decent place for a quick lunch. I don't know what happened this year. Our waitress completely forgot that we ordered fries instead of chips and didn't come over once to check on us. My daughter's hamburger was greasy and looked like a hockey puck. My fish tacos were disgusting: a couple of pieces of mystery fish that stunk to high heaven and were served with a pile of lettuce and had no seasoning at all. The t.v. was so loud outside that people had to yell across the table just to be heard. The bus station was about one foot from our table so we got treated to the sight of employees dumping leftovers in the trash just a stone's throw from our table. It was disgusting and overpriced-- would never go back.

Visited August 2013