“Impressed Our Guest” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Philadelphia, Pa.
“Impressed Our Guest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and I visit Cape May, New Jersey often, and on this trip a friend of ours joined us for the weekend. The attraction to Cape May is the wonderful Victorian homes and tree lined streets just a short walk to the Atlantic Ocean--beautiful! Our friend loved the town. Well, we wanted to go out for dinner and I wanted to find a place that would be the perfect end to our weekend. George's was the perfect pick. We arrived at 6PM, and were seated right away. Our waiter, a very nice young man, brought glasses for our wine (BYOB), and after a few minutes took our orders. I ordered the crab cakes, and my wife and friend the beef tenderloin. The meals were served with a greek or ceasar salad. The big smile that our friend gave us as she enjoyed her meal was all that I needed to see. George's impressed our guest. Another perfect weekend in our favorite seaside town.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Too big for their britches!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I vacation in Cape May every summer. My best friend and I went to George's the first year they opened.... It was simply amazing. We started with the saganaki appetizer. It came to the table on fire. Delish! The waiter yelled opah and it was on! We had the chicken entree and that was equally delicious. We brought out own wine. Great experience!

Fast forward to this past summer. We made our reservation. Waited a little bit. No problem. We ordered the saganaki. It came out and the cheese was NOT melted. We flagged our waiter over and his explanation was "this type of cheese melts differently each time". He left it at that. We were both stunned. We didn't eat another cold bite. When he cleared it, he never questioned why we didn't eat it, because he knew! We were the last table seated and it was the end of the night. He didn't care. Our chicken entrees were lackluster as well.

The first time I came here I was in LOVE. I believe they got very popular and got lax. The only cheese that doesn't melt is fat-free cheese. I'm not a dumb tourist. I know good food and I've eaten at some really impressive restaurants. I'm not Greek, but I know Greek food. I'll bring Bobbi's hummus from Philly this summer. At least I'll know what to expect! This place isn't worth the wait. Drink your wine before you go out and choose from the endless other restaurants.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Wildwood, New Jersey
“Consistently Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We went to George's for our anniversary. We have been going here for three years and the food is always great. One of us always gets the roast pork tenderloin. The wait staff is very friendly and attentive. The place only has ten booths, so it can get filled up quickly. This time of year though, you can usually walk in. They are BYOB, which is a bonus if you like to bring your own selection of wine.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cape May Court House, New Jersey
“Mouth Watering... Could eat there morning, noon, and night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband said this was a favorite of his parents from many years ago and we should try it out, I was over whelmed with delight when I tasted my panini. We travel often to Las Vegas and NYC and enjoy top rated restuarants and pre fix meals costing several hundred dollars per person, and our meal at Georges was just as great! The meal at Georges Place was just as tasty as those gourmet meals in the city but the cost was much much less and the dress and attire was not stuffy. We dined with our 3 year old and infant newborn. The atmosphere was warm and cozy but nothing to brag about. I would reccomend stopping in if in the Cape May area! Thanks for a new favorite spot in Cape May County!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Jersey
“Nice meal, great Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We have had great breakfast and wanted to try a dinner here. We were not disappointed. We had the Gyros and the lamb-both were excellent. The flaming cheese dish was a nice addition. Mike our waiter was personable and professional. This is a small restaurant and I would not consider it quiet. So if you want a quiet romantic meal this might not be the place for you. If you want good food at a fair price and a byob-there is none better. Christmas time in Cape May is beautiful!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere