“breakfast in cape may” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
South Amboy, New Jersey
“breakfast in cape may”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

just arriving over the bridge into Cape May we stopped by the captain's cove restaurant for breakfast which was excellant we sat outdoors and over looked the marina which was nice the restaurant right across from the lobster house the service was great the food was excellant great start to a nice sunny weekend at the jersey shore

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Shelburne, Vermont
“Good place to have breakfast on way out of Cape May”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Friendly staff and good food with very affordable prices. Lots of choices. Price is 2/3 of what you'd pay downtown Cape May. Rest rooms were not very clean and soap dispensers were not operational

Visited May 2013
Circleville, New York, United States
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had a great breakfast at a great price and wonderful service. The food was cooked exactly as we asked and came out quickly. This is just a nice little family restaurant and we would go again. Nothing fancy, just good food at very reasonable prices.

Visited October 2012
“Local's guide to Cape May County”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I've been to the Captain's Cove at the foot of the bridge into Cape May quite a few times. It's a trip! I actually do not mind the decor - honky tonk at best. Waitresses in tee-shirts and jeans. Hostess doing cross-word puzzles. That stuff doesn't really bother me. It's actually quite interesting and rather eclectic. I've only been there for breakfast. It does a fair amount of trade in-season for box lunches and take out for the charter boats and fishing boats that dock just 50 feet away. It's as informal as can be, and the breakfast fare is standard and basic. We go there because it is quick (some places in- season are quite backed up) and it used to be pretty cheap. My last time there I was a little surprised that the bill for sausage, home fries and two eggs with coffee came to over $8. Service was not bad; I'm a local and I like hanging out at fisherman bars and local joints. My waitress was fun, and had a great sense of humor. But all in all, I make better home fries, and for about the same price, you can get a better breakfast it you want to drive into town, or west cape may. For those staying in the Marina area, or just outside of town, it's quick and OK. Otherwise, shop around. But....there's no lines so if you're in a hurry. give it a try.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Find another place to eat”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We should have known this place wasn't going to be spectacular when we placed drink orders and my brother ordered a ginger ale. Waitress said they dont have it but we could see it in the soda cooler. He also was sat underneath the a/c fan which dropped condensation on him until he finally moved his seat. My dad ordered a clam strip app and we just got sandwiches. Somehow it took 25 minutes before our sandwiches came out and we were one of three tables in there. The clam strips came out about five minutes later and were a joke. Restaurant overlooks the water and they were clearly Thawed and defrosted. Tartar sauce that came with them was white, yellow and green. My dad sent it back and the lady who had previously just smoked a cigarrette on the restaurants patio said she had just made it. It was going bad anyone could see that. Like other reviews said the decor is terribly outdated, service is barely acceptable and food is nothing special. Save yourself the time and money and eat somewhere else.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere