“OH YEAH!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Cape May, New Jersey
“OH YEAH!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

The Depot is owned and operated by some fantastic locals! The food is always so good no matter what time of day you are eating there. They are good for dine in or take out! Always a great meal!

Visited July 2013

philadelphia, pa
“Homemade Food off the Beated Path”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This little gem near Acme offers homemade and comfort foods. Even the salad dressings I'm told are made in-house! Their soups are traditional or at the creative flair of the cook. The salad greens look good and fresh and deserts yummy. Menue items include sandwiches, burgers, entrees like meatloaf, pasta, fish, and poultry. They do a brisk take-out business, also an option.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
near London
“Hidden treasure...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

When I first arrived in Cape May I was directed to Depot Market by the staff across the street in the Welcome Center because there was about a 30 minute delay until a cab could come to take me to my hotel.

It was midday and I'd just got off the bus from Philly after just a snack breakfast so my stomach (still five hours ahead on UK time!) was complaining. I actually walked past the place twice before realising where it was but they made me possibly the best ham sandwich I have ever had so it was a great welcome to Cape May.

On the way back (Labor Day) I dropped in again to get food before the trip back and it really set me up for was a long drag back through the holiday traffic.

This is a 'must do' experience when you visit Cape May.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Follow the locals to the Depot Market Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I almost didn't want to publish this. The Depot is such a find! Go here when you're tired of the overpriced food in the highly visible tourist restaurants.

The Depot has a large number of entrees available including some delicious sounding specials. You would never expect it if you were driving by due to the restaurant's size.

I enjoyed a crab cake sandwich and my wife ate a salad. After the entree I purchased some amazing carrot cake. The owner makes it fresh every morning. But you gotta be hungry as it's VERY filling.

All of this in a tiny restaurant. Amazing! Sadly, I hear it's for sale. Get it before it's gone folks!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calfon
“September Morning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

With so many pricey restaurants in Cape May, it is always welcoming to come back to the Depot any day for breakfast, lunch or dinner! This morning we came for breakfast. We had a New Jersey favorite - Taylor Ham, Egg, and cheese on multi-grain toast. My husband had his on a multi-grain bagel. Perfect! Fresh wonderful breakfast without breaking the bank! We've had lunch there so many times, they know our order just by looking at us!!! We've also had "Dinner-to-go" which was fresh and homemade and just what you need for a night without cooking. Don't let the size of the place fool you!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere