“good place to eat and drink well for a reasonable price.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Reading
“good place to eat and drink well for a reasonable price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Nice restaurant with linen table cloths and napkins and yet is BYOB. Friendly and efficient service. I started with the crawfish fra diablo which was quite a large and tasty dish with lots of small crawfish. My wife had the Caesar salad and was happy with the strength and flavour of the dressing.

The menu currently on Zagat is out of date in terms of prices (actuals are slightly higher) and don’t show the smaller plate option for entrees which helps to keep price and volume down! I had a single lamb chop for my entrée which was large enough and delicious. My wife requested more shrimp and crab in place of scallops in her seafood fra diablo and thoroughly enjoyed.

Between the smaller plate option and the BYOB it can be a good place to eat and drink well for a reasonable price.

Pennsylvania
“Great Italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very nice italian restaurant, you are squeezed in but the food and service makes up for that. We started with delicious bread and peppers that had a kick to them. I don't do real spicy and what a lot of other reviews say about spicey is true but they warn you when you order so you know what to expect. I ordered the chicken oregonata, which was touted as spicey, I didn't think it was bad at all but I thought the topping was too much and dry. I wouldn't get it again. The chicken was very moist. The potatoes and veggies were awesome. My husband got a steak (forget what kind) and it was really good, it came with spaghetti and that was really good, the sauce so fresh and home made. We also tried the garlic bread and we ate every bite. We rolled out of the place fully satisfied. No desert, no room. Service very good, always there when you needed them. I would go back in a minute. Make reservations to avoid a wait!

Staten Island, New York
“A high class restaurant but you need to have a tolerance for spicy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Went there with family members very nicely decorated, service was good, but everything on the menu was spicy and contained hot peppers, Expensive but worth it if you like spicy italian

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Jersey
“Was just ok, nothing special.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Maybe I was expecting more from the reviews but Cucina Rosa did not live up to the hype. The service was good the food was ok not bad but would not return. When we are on vacation we love to enjoy excellent food and this place did not measure up.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Good & traditional”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I thought this was very good and traditional Italian food in the U.S. Portions were very large and atmosphere was romantic and quaint. I did not LOVE it as much as my friends did but I did think it was very good. I would go back

Visited August 2012