“not worth the prices” 3 of 5 stars
Review of A Ca Mia Restaurant

A Ca Mia Restaurant
524 Washington St Mall, Cape May, NJ 08204 (Formerly A CA MIA Incorporated)
(609) 884-6661
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“not worth the prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I don't know what these excellent reviews are about? The atmosphere and service is fine but the food is certainly not of fine dining quality as advertised. I paid $9 for a bowl of clam chowder that literally did not even remotely taste like new england clam chowder, sorry. My wife had the tomato mozarella salad which was fine but let's face it, it really does not take any culinary skills to create this dish. We also had the bruschetta which was just some toasted bread with loose tomatoes sprinkled with balsamic. Get creative guys, add some cheese and bake it in the oven.
Just giving some constructive criticism. It is a quaint little spot but the food needs to be greatly improved in my opinion.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

60% Recommend
Dallas, Texas
“We will not return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We have been to A Ca Mia several times over the years. The restaurant is inconsistent, but the last time was especially good, so we were anxious to return.
I started with the Tomato and Mozzarella Salad, which was quite good. For my entrée, I had the Baby New Zealand Rack of Lamb, which was also good. With more honey mustard, it would have been better.
My wife had the Ravioli Sampler, which is described on the menu as "lobster and crab ravioli, cheese ravioli and wild mushroom ravioli In a tomato cream sauce." The sauce came out red, so we asked for more of a cream based sauce. Our waiter quickly returned with a side of sauce. About 4/5 of the way through her ravioli, my wife had not encountered any seafood or mushrooms, just cheese (I see an earlier reviewer complained about this).
Since it was late and I had almost finished off my meal, we did not want to wait for the restaurant to make additional ravioli, so we asked the waiter to take it off our bill.The manager refused to do so, and then the owner came out. The discussion with the owner quickly escalated into a shouting match. The owner directed the waiter to remove all food from the tab, at which point I reiterated that we only wanted the ravioli removed. At this pointer, the owner told us to leave the restaurant and never return.
We will not go back. We have a home in the historic district in Cape May, and we will share this experience with our family, our neighbors, our friends and our renters.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Jersey
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We have been coming to Cape May for a few years and had overlooked this little gem, will be now added to our regular rotation of dining places each year on vacation. Food was top notch, fresh and presented nicely. Service was attentive and didn't rush you. We are picky, we don't eat at chains or fast food and are used to pretty high quality stuff and this did not disappoint. Had the kids with us and they were able to accommodate with with nice kids choices of good quality food (as opposed to chicken nuggets and mac and cheese ) which I love, I like my kids to eat similar to the adults with good quality. Definitely recommend. Make reservation it did fill up.

Visited July 2013
Tenafly, New Jersey
“Nice dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We didn't want to go fancy on the 4th as we wanted to get to the fireworks on time. My husband had the chicken parm and it was very good. I just had a good bowl of soup and salad. The service was good, we ate outside and it was fun to watch all the people walking around.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very good, casual, no pretenses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Absolutely a wonderful find amongst all the other either high-class or low-class places to eat in Cape May. There is no severe dress code although everyone seems to dress in a reasonable fashion. Although we did not try any, the house offers bottles of various house wines, originating in the area. The staff is top-shelf from the hostess to the bus staff, the hostess taking reservations or just seating, will try to give you a table that makes you comfortable. The wait-staff is extremely accomodating (and I have exoperienced a number of different people on various visits) and caters to your every wish. Cannot recommend too highly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere