“Union Park was the perfect choice for our wedding!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Union Park Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 95 Restaurants in Cape May
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Howard Street
Transit: n/a
Description: Across from the ocean, this elegant dining room serves classic American food with a special touch. Union Park Dining Room received New Jersey Monthly Magazine's 2005 thru 2011 Critics Choice Award as one of the best restaurants in New Jersey. Working his magic behind the scenes, chef John Schatz has overseen the kitchens of some sophisticated eateries in the Philadelphia/South Jersey area, including the former Maureen's in Cape May. The large, spacious dining rooms with their fireplaces, cherry & mahogany furniture & antique fixtures are romance personified. Settle in for a memorable meal. Private dining rooms available from 8 to 42 guests. Banquet Facilities: Located in the historic Hotel Macomber, union park dining room is available for both casual & elegant parties, receptions, special occasion dinners or complete weddings. Our facility can host groups up to 130 people, depending on the type of reception you desire.
New York
“Union Park was the perfect choice for our wedding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

The presentation of the food and the restaurant were stunning. Bob and his amazing staff at Union Park created an atmosphere of romance and magic that will last forever in our memories. We couldn't have asked for more, they exceeded our expectations and helped make our day very memorable and special!!!"The presentation of the hors d’oeuvres and entrees was only surpassed by the quality and caliber of the food. Bob read our minds and understood our vision. His attention to detail far exceeded our expectations. If you are planning a wedding look no further than Union Park.

Bensalem, Pennsylvania
“Great Dining at Union Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

I was very impressed by the menu. We dined @ Union Park twice. On my 1st night I had the duck breast which was cooked perfectly & was so tender. The side of mashed potatoes and string beans were a perfect compliment to the duck.
On my 2nd night I had the pork tenderloin. Again, it was cooked to my liking. The pork came wth asian style noodles. Nicely seasoned. Both meals offered generous portions.
We also enjoyed the clams on he half shell the 1st night & on the 2nd we had the seafood plateau. All was delicious, my favorite being the clams.
The service could not be freindlier or more professional. Our server, Jeremy was very attentive refilling our wine glasses & speaking at lenth about the menu options. Great outdoor seatng.

Illinois
“My favorite restaurant in Cape May”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

I never miss an opportunity to dine at Union Park when I'm in Cape May. The originality of the menu, the elegant ambiance, the impeccable service all combine to make this an outstanding experience. I most recently had the roast pork entree with cornbread and red cabbage, and can also recommend the rack of lamb, seared scallops, duck breast or salmon. Just when you think you've eaten all you can, you're tempted by dessert. And the desserts are the best of all.

south jersey
“I want to eat there every night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

Six of us had dinner at Union Park last Wednesday. One of the couples suggested we sit outside on the beautiful porch overlooking the beach. The place was busy for a week night I thought. Love the BYOB. We started with Cape May oysters, Razor clams(special for that night ) with a lemon-garlicky yammy sauce that complimented the champagne that we brought. If the chef is reading this PLEASE GIVE ME THE RECIPE!!! I had the scallops with risotto and my boyfriend had the stripsteak. Every dish was cooked and presented perfectly. I was too full (I thought) to have a dessert, but then I saw the cheesecake. Everyone at our table agreed that Union Park is the best restaurant in Cape May, or make that New Jersey. The service, the place, the food -Amazing. Loved It.

New Jersey
“Worst eating experience I have ever had in Cape May”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

I'm really surprised about most of the positive reviews here. We had a completely terrible dinner here. The cost is really outrageous and overpriced. Yes, it is an elegant restaraunt so you have to expect a higher than average bill, but this was beyond all decency for what we got. Our service was terrible. I hate to criticize people wait-staff, but this was just unacceptable. Despite the fact the the dinner room was very thin with customers, there were more staff standing around than helping us enjoy our pricey meal. I asked for a glass of wate and was nearly belittled and mocked for wanting free "tap" water. Then when I ordered tuna, the waitress refused to let me have it cooked the way I wanted. She insisted that the chef only prepared tuna rare or medium rare. Exuse me, am I the customer? Am I the one paying for it?

When our meal did arrive, it was sparse, at best. The portion size was not at all adequate. The taste was OK, but the whole event had already been ruined at that point. The best thing about this meal was the fact that it has given us a story to tell.

Less than two hours after we coughed up a huge pile of cash for this meal, we were hungry again and ended up walking to the boardwalk to get some pizza.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere