“Too Expensive and too Doughy” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Wilmington, Delaware
“Too Expensive and too Doughy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My title pretty much says it all. After walking on the Cape May promenade on a cool Oct. 2012 evening my husband and I worked up an appetite for a slice of pizza. The only place we could find nearby was this place across from the convention center. I forget the single slice price but a basic whole cheese pie was $16.95. I understand resort area inflation but this was off-season and the pizza is just not worth that kind of money. We both had a slice of cheese pizza and it tasted fine and the bottom crust was crisp but the slice was thick and so doughy it was like eating a loaf of bread. The last inch or maybe more of the crust had no sauce or cheese on it, just dough. The inside of the shop looked seedy but we could see at least another couple there so we took a chance. For me, this is definitely not a Cape May "diamond" - more like a lump of coal. We won't be back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Hewitt, New Jersey
“Best crust ever...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I don't normally eat pizza, especially on vacation, however we stopped here for a snack, OMG, the best thin crispiest crust I've ever had, we live 4 hours away and would do a day trip for early lunch at Louie's and late lunch at Key West tacos!

Do agree with others on cleaniness. Didn't like all the bugs flying around, you wonder how many end up in the pizza....

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“Service was terrible with an attitude to match.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

SInce there isn't a "0" I had to give this 1 Star. Last year while visiting Cape May we stopped here for cheesesteaks, were treated respectfully and were satisifed with our experience so we visited again over this past weekend. The African American "gentleman" (and I use this term loosely) on the cashier greeted us with "whata want". When my husband said "Hi, how are you?" he cast him a look that would insult anyone. He tried to force us into buying the LARGE hoagie as the small ones were just a large one with the ends of bun cut off BUT cost $2 more. I wanted mine with no garden and my husband wanted with garden. Both came naked with no service whatsoever. The cheesesteaks as we remembered them last year were no more and these were etable at best. If this place doesn't want to lose business, they better lose this guy on the cashier, he is a total idiot with no manners or class. Had it not been so late we would've walked out and left him eat his endless, tasteless, naked small hoagie himself. We will NEVER return to this dump.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Green Lane, Pennsylvania
“pizza's OK, restaurant yucky”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have to say, we had some really good white pizza (with ricotta) here - overly doughy though. But hey, everyone likes their pizza differently. It is WAY overpriced, as other reviewers stated. The yucky thing was when I took my small children in here to eat I was grossed out. The walls and framed movie posters, etc. on the wall have decades of grease and grime on them. If that wasn't bad enough, a dead fly fell from a disgusting wall-mounted fan above our table, coming close to our pizza. Yuck! I wouldn't go back; not until it undergoes a major cleaning! And they only take cash for payment. I didn't see any signs saying such. They do have an ATM inside if you don't mind paying a $3-plus fee.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gardiner, Maine
“Cape May institution!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The Fish has three favorite pizza places in the US, and this is one of the! White pizza with fresh tomatoes? I don't know how they make it so special, but they do! This was the Bull's first Louie's Pizza experience, but I can guarantee it won't be the last!

Visited September 2012